This position has been closed. For a current listing of our open job opportunities, click HERE.
EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, visit our Twitter feed at http://twitter.com/ecommercejobs.
We are working with Ann Taylor in their search for an Site Marketing Manager based in New York, NY. Ann Taylor has grown from a
regional, primarily East Coast brand, to a national brand with 47
stores across the United States. Today, the Ann Taylor brand is
represented by three divisions: Ann Taylor Stores, Ann Taylor LOFT, and
Ann Taylor Factory. At the end of Fiscal 2007, Ann Taylor operated 869
stores throughout the United States, District of Columbia and Puerto
Rico and generated more than $2.3 billion in sales.
Ann Taylor, through 346 store locations, competes in the "better" priced
category, and caters to the successful, relatively affluent career
woman, who needs appropriate, fashion conscious attire for her
professional life, and prefers stylish, coordinated looks for her
Ann Taylor Loft, through 483 store locations, competes in the "upper
moderate" priced category. Ann Taylor Loft collections are designed for
value conscious women with a more relaxed lifestyle both at work and at
The Site Marketing Manager is responsible for developing, executing and measuring site marketing strategies and marketing programs to grow online revenue and further develop the brand online. This position will manage the calendar planning for day-to-day site content along with leading key seasonal campaigns, special editorial concepts, promotions, and key launch initiatives. This is a hands-on role working closely with cross-functional partners including, merchandising, planning, channel marketing, site merchandising, creative and brand marketing to create compelling site and marketing content delivered on time.
Strategic & Site Marketing Development
- Manage the planning and execution of all aspects of marketing site content for company website.
- Develop on site marketing programs or campaigns to achieve traffic, conversion and sales plans.
- Manage, forecast and execute the affiliate marketing program to achieve continued growth.
- Maintain the site and marketing calendar.
- Develop new content/editorial strategies in collaboration with cross-functional partners informed by competitive analysis, web analytics & consumer insights.
- Understand the brand promise and ensure consistent, on-brand messaging on site and through the affiliate marketing partners.
- Establish site and affiliate marketing success metrics & evaluate report/analyze against key metrics.
- Facilitate weekly cross-functional marketing/merchandising reporting meeting.
- Lead/facilitate/manage site and marketing creative projects from concept to launch.
- Contribute to concept evaluation and ensure quality execution of final creative product.
- Develop creative briefs and evaluate creative deliverables against objectives specified in creative brief.
- Manage creative timelines & production schedule for site marketing, editorials, affiliate marketing, banner advertising, and other online media campaigns.
- Assist in promotional email planning and execution as needed.
- Establish, track, analyze and report back on site and marketing results on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Use competitive analysis, web analytics, and internal data to develop ideas for new enhancements, marketing ideas and navigational changes.
- Collaborate with merchandising, production, and creative to develop appropriate information architecture for new pages, editorials, or categories/content areas.
- Manage multiple, complex cross-functional projects through execution.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to gain alignment & problem-solve collaboratively to achieve goals.
- Team player with strong skills in working effectively with multiple cross- functional groups.
- Creative thinker who can drive & participate in idea exploration.
- Adaptable and responsive; able to perform in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Takes initiative to generate ideas to drive business and contribute to organizational effectiveness.
- Results Oriented – strives to achieve success metrics; get the right solution for the client and company.
- Leads cross-functional teams from strategic planning through successful execution.
- Achieves organizational alignment & leverages resources with minimal managerial oversight.
- Demonstrates integrity, maturity and a constructive approach to challenges.
- Must have 5-7 years in relevant Brand Marketing, Retail Marketing, or Advertising position
- Online marketing & e-commerce experience required
- Developing marketing plans & leading execution of online marketing programs
- Independent project management across multiple cross-functional teams
- Management experience preferred
Minimum Educational Level:
- BA/BS required, ideally a focus on marketing or advertising
- MBA preferred
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1185 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.