This position has been closed. For a current listing of our open job opportunities, click HERE.
EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, visit our Twitter feed at http://twitter.com/ecommercejobs. We are working with Ann Taylor in their search for a Database/Email Marketing Manager based in New York, NY.
Ann Taylor has grown from a regional, primarily East Coast brand, to a national brand with 47 stores across the United States. Today, the Ann Taylor brand is represented by three divisions: Ann Taylor Stores, Ann Taylor LOFT, and Ann Taylor Factory. At the end of Fiscal 2007, Ann Taylor operated 869 stores throughout the United States, District of Columbia and Puerto Rico and generated more than $2.3 billion in sales.
Ann Taylor, through 346 store locations, competes in the "better" priced category, and caters to the successful, relatively affluent career woman, who needs appropriate, fashion conscious attire for her professional life, and prefers stylish, coordinated looks for her leisure activities.
Ann Taylor Loft, through 483 store locations, competes in the "upper moderate" priced category. Ann Taylor Loft collections are designed for value conscious women with a more relaxed lifestyle both at work and at home.
This position will manage email marketing strategy, email campaigns and manage the triggered & transactional email efforts for Ann Taylor, Ann Taylor LOFT, Loft Outlet and Ann Taylor Factory Brands. Identify key client segments and developed targeted marketing communication plans to optimize e-mail programs.
- Develop and implement effective e-mail marketing strategies including contact strategy, segmentation/targeting, ongoing testing and content & creative optimization.
- Perform detailed analysis across programs, campaigns and segments and make actionable recommendations for improvement.
- Manage daily communication with external e-mail partner.
- Ensure that the process (scheduling, development, set-up, review, QA, deployment, and reporting) is managed effectively.
- Provide tactical recommendations on deliverability, creative, data hygiene, privacy and segmentation.
- Coordinate and provide reporting to all stakeholders and C-level management on email initiatives.
- Develop and manage traffic, customer acquisition and revenue forecasts.
- Ensure that campaigns are executed flawlessly and in timely fashion.
- Develop strong relationships with cross-functional partners, such as Internet, Call Center and Store Communication teams.
- Provide regular updates to internal cross-functional partners.
- Seek new opportunities to further leverage e-mail marketing and support corporate initiatives.
- Integrate multi-channel campaigns with an understanding of CRM.
- Develop creative briefs with campaign objectives, copy and design recommendations, and relevant background information.
- Conduct on-going competitive analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field.
- 5+ years of online consumer retail marketing experience with at least 3 years of managing a large-scale and multi-dimensional email program.
- Highly developed analytical and excel skills and familiarity with core e-commerce metrics.
- Exceptional planning and project management skills.
- Outstanding creative and strategic thinking abilities.
- Current knowledge of email marketing best practices and industry best practices
- Passion for the online marketing space with a solid understanding of direct marketing principles.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- “Power User” familiarity with email service providers.
- Able to effectively interact with cross functional teams.
- Positively interact and work effectively with all levels of management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1186 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.