This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, visit our Twitter feed at http://twitter.com/ecommercejobs.
We are working with Belk.com in their search for a Web Analyst based in Charlotte, NC.
Belk is the nation’s largest privately owned mainline department store company with more than 300 fashion department stores in 16 contiguous Southern states and sales totaling $3.5 billion in its past fiscal year. The company seeks to be the department store of choice in each community it serves by providing superior service and merchandise that meets customers’ needs for fashion, value and quality.
Currently, Belk.com’s traffic looks like this:
NOTE: Belk’s traffic did not even exist just four short years ago, and they’re currently cranking along now at 700K monthly uniques in non-peak periods. Seriously: I did Belk’s first-ever search for a VP of Ecommerce back in 2007, and this company has come a loooooong way in their DTC business since then. The company continues to hire star-level talent, and if the industry average of 10% ecommerce-to-store sales is any indication, Belk.com could become a $200-300 million multichannel ecommerce play in the next 3-5 years. And YOU can be a part of that growth.
The Web Analyst is responsible for collecting and analyzing data to measure the impact of online marketing vehicles and online features and services to support strategic business decisions. This associate is responsible for the creation, execution, and analysis of reports for management review. The Web Analyst must understand the retail business and develop recommended business strategies based on the results.
- Functions as the business owner of the Web Analytics tool, Coremetrics.
- Understands and implements best practices for Web Analysis, reporting on key metrics related to the Belk.com website, call center and store kiosks.
- Communicates data driven insights on customer behavior. Analyzes site traffic, click navigation, search navigation, hero and promotional gels, page performance, shopping behavior, and purchase conversion.
- Provides analysis and reporting of user behavior for online marketing, email marketing campaigns, wedding registry, social media and mobile marketing.
- Sets up the measurement for A/B testing and analyzes the results of A/B testing to make recommendations to the merchandising and content teams.
- Communicates effectively with all functional areas (merchandising, marketing, and management) to ensure successful execution of multi-channel retail strategies.
- 2 – 4 years experience in retail Web analytics and performance measurement with Coremetrics.
- Bachelors Degree with proficiency in Access, Excel, Web-based products and technology services, plus Word and Power Point.
- Ability to gather, manipulate, interpret and communicate data findings and create a recommended action plan.
- Ability to learn data source systems (Data Warehouse, Blue Martini, Harte Hanks, Exact Target, Endeca, Foresee Customer Surveys, and online marketing). Prior experience with query/reporting tools helpful.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and stay organized. Can prioritize workload, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels. Strong team building skills. Partners with others.
- Can operate successfully in a fast paced, changing environment and make fact based decisions and implement recommendations quickly. Reacts to business trends in a timely and efficient manner, while ensuring continuity with strategic goals.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1166 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.