This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, visit our Twitter feed at http://twitter.com/ecommercejobs. We are working with Belk, Inc. in their search for an Interactive Creative Manager based in Charlotte, NC.
Belk, Inc. is the nation’s largest privately owned mainline department store company with more than 300 fashion department stores in 16 contiguous Southern states and sales totaling $3.5 billion in its past fiscal year. The company seeks to be the department store of choice in each community it serves by providing superior service and merchandise that meets customers’ needs for fashion, value and quality.
The role of the Creative Manager is to manage a team of Web designers and copywriters to creatively design and deploy web content. The major responsibilities include:
- Obtain corporate creative and banding direction from VP Creative Director
- Direct creative activities for Belk’s online and interactive space
- Set creative direction, style guide, and design quality standard
- Traffic work requests and manage team workload
- Manage photography used for online and interactive
- Deliver creative content for product detail, promotional gels, and all other online and interactive areas
- Represent team in cross functional and cross levels communication
- Coach and nurture team members through frequent feedback regarding performance
Direct design and copywriting functions for online, interactive, email, mobile, social, and new media content. Obtain corporate creative and branding direction from VP Creative Director and translate to creative direction for these areas. Final decisions determine how these areas’ content tie into Belk branding. Responsible for sales via establishing “look and feel”, user experience, style guide, design concepts, design quality standard, process management and improvements, and production productivity.
Represent eCommerce team and effectively communicate with all levels / all areas within and outside the Belk organization in a brand centric and inspiring manner. Work closely with Online Merchants, Online Marketing, and Online Production to deliver quality results on schedule.
Effectively leading team in this highly production centric environment, set structure to prioritize and traffic creative requests from all areas, managing delivery according to creative production calendar, embrace constant changes and high volume workload demands, implement process improvements and system automation opportunities by gaining senior management support and lead team to changes.
Partner with Online Production Manager to schedule projects based upon available resources and team skill sets. Budget hours required to complete, assign appropriate resources, track progress, obtain approval for creative concepts and implement finished design according to established deadlines.
Coach, review and approve the work of creative staffs to deliver brand-right, engaging, relevant, and compelling promotions. Direct and inspire creation and implementation of creative concepts. Identify staffs development and training opportunities in this fast pace environment. Assemble a strong team with diverse design style that compliments each others, and various interactive designs utilizing latest technology (Flash, AJAX, etc.)
Partner with Photography Director in obtaining creative assets that reflect Belk brand and are optimized for specific digital environment experience, such as online and interactive. Involving with model, stylist, lighting, set / scene design, photography, and retouching as needed.
- A BFA degree in design or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Web Creative (design and copy) Experience: 10+ years.
- Web Production Experience: 5+ years
- Management Experience: 5+ years
- Project Management Experience: 3+ years.
- Photo Studio Management Experience: 3+ years
- Internet Experience: 3+ years.
- Retail Experience: 3+ years
- Print Experience: 1+ year
- Proven creative and design skills
- Knowledge of digital photography and styling
- Excellent people, organizational, and communication skills
- Track record in gaining collaboration and alignment from diverse teams with strong view points
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1165 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.