This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, visit our Twitter feed at http://twitter.com/ecommercejobs.
We are working with Belk, Inc. in their search for an eCommerce QA Testing Analyst based in Charlotte, NC. Belk.com is the nation’s largest privately owned mainline department store company with more than 300 fashion department stores in 16 contiguous Southern states and sales totaling $3.5 billion in its past fiscal year. The company seeks to be the department store of choice in each community it serves by providing superior service and merchandise that meets customers’ needs for fashion, value and quality.
The QA Testing Analyst demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Software Quality Assurance technology and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet Customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Preparation of test plans and test scripts.
- Ensure high quality and accuracy is maintained through to software release.
- Preparation and maintenance of test plans for use on automated testing tools.
- Preparation of a test plans and test scripts to test each software component and demonstrate the business condition under test and the expected results.
- Log defects and provide accurate reporting of the current state of testing and the open problems identified.
- Provide feedback to the development team and ensure the work is carried out in accordance with the schedule and the quality requirements.
- Provide estimates and feedback to the Software Development Manager for project scheduling purposes.
- B.S. in Computer Science and/or equivalent degree
- Strong background in Functional Testing
- 5+ years of Quality Assurance and Testing experience
- SQL experience, used to validate data
- Knowledge of industry standard Software Development Life Cycles
- Knowledge of the types of QA Tools and processes used to manage:
- Test Case Development
- Defect Management
- Change Control
- Requirements Analysis
- Experience with, eCommerce Applications, Mainframe Applications, Oracle Database Applications, other Web Applications
- Knowledge of Network and Computer Architecture basics
- Experience working with third party vendors.
- Able to identify, challenge, and consider opportunities outside of conventional thinking and traditional ways of operating to resolve problems or inefficiencies.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the capabilities of all platforms, including but not limited to web, mobile, widget and others and the constraints involved in designing for online and multimedia.
- Effective at reporting and communication of project status in a cross-functional environment.
- Must have strong problem-solving and analytical skills, an investigative mentality, organizational and logic skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills in order to meet routinely with individuals at all levels of the organization as well as outside vendors.
- Possess excellent written communication skills with the ability to organize thoughts on complex technical issues into well-conceived plans of action.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1178 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.