This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, visit our Twitter feed at http://twitter.com/ecommercejobs. We are working with Belk, Inc. in their search for an eCommerce Project Manager based in Charlotte, NC.
Belk, Inc. is the nation’s largest privately owned mainline department store company with more than 300 fashion department stores in 16 contiguous Southern states and sales totaling $3.5 billion in its past fiscal year. The company seeks to be the department store of choice in each community it serves by providing superior service and merchandise that meets customers’ needs for fashion, value and quality.
The eCommerce Project Manager is responsible for the development of eCommerce and web-based systems for the Belk organization, including the determination of best means of automating business processes through software package integration or in-house development. Provide leadership in determining the project-based information needs of the company along with the best approach for the processing, delivery and analysis of this information through automation.
The manager leads a staff of Business Systems Analysts, Systems Analysts, QA/Testing Analysts and/or Systems Architects and coordinates the team’s interaction with third party service providers. The manager must demonstrate a strong understanding of and high regard for the Belk MIS Operating Model and Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) as well as project management processes and execution. The manager is accountable for managing the preparation and timely delivery of quality deliverables related to supporting, maintaining, enhancing and monitoring information systems.
The manager is responsible for overseeing staff development. This includes performance appraisal, salary administration, assisting in career development and counseling, and ensuring meaningful assignments and opportunities for staff growth. The manager role is one that requires team leadership, business acumen, professional bearing, systems knowledge, and strong relationship management skills with users and third party service providers.
- Business Interaction – Builds partnerships with assigned business units. Uses relationships to drive identified business change required to deliver project benefits. Ensure project ROI hurdles are met.
- Planning – Responsible for the development of detailed project plans to assure activities are understood and commitment is gained to meet overall project objectives. Utilizes Belk’s IT Governance framework and tools to prioritize and plan tasks and the resources needed to accomplish them.
- Budgeting and Control – Responsible for setting, tracking and adhering to capital and expense project budgets. Utilizes Belk’s IT Governance tools to develop and track project budgets.
- Project Management – Overall responsibility for project activities and the associates assigned to them. Assures all projects are initiated with appropriate Project Charter and Requirements documents. Assures scope and requirements are monitored and controlled throughout the project. Monitors and controls project delivery within determined budget and timeframes, using Belk’s IT Governance tools. Identifies and mitigates or resolves project risks and issues.
- Process Improvement Sponsor – Conforms to overall corporate methodology to ensure consistent approach to implementing and/or designing systems. Is a champion for the use and continual improvement of corporate methodology and processes as executed through assigned projects.
- Team Building – Directs project staff toward achieving defined project objectives through clear communication of expectations, implementation and enforcement of standards, policies, procedures and methodology. Provide consistent and clear feedback to project team members on performance against goals and objectives. Assesses individual contributions and provides feedback to the team member’s manager for performance appraisal purposes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, Computer Science or other relative Technical Degree
- 5 years experience working in Information Technology
- 3 years experience developing, implementing and support large scale eCommerce and web-based information systems
- 3 years experience managing eCommerce and web-based projects and project teams
- Experience developing project plans to meet business objectives
- Experience developing and managing project budgets
- Experience building and developing project teams
- Experience improving and automating business processes through the application of technology
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Products: Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Project
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge and experience working in an IT department within a Fortune 500 retail company
- Experience using automated project management, portfolio management and IT governance tools.
- Excellent strategic and critical thinking skills
- Enthusiastic team leader
- Demonstrated sense of urgency
- Personable, motivated, entrepreneurial, outgoing
- Proven ability to develop others
- Excellent relationship management skills
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1177 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.