This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, visit our Twitter feed at http://twitter.com/ecommercejobs. We are working with Belk, Inc. in their search for an eCommerce Support Manager based in Charlotte, NC.
Belk, Inc. is the nation’s largest privately owned mainline department store company with more than 300 fashion department stores in 16 contiguous Southern states and sales totaling $3.5 billion in its past fiscal year. The company seeks to be the department store of choice in each community it serves by providing superior service and merchandise that meets customers’ needs for fashion, value and quality.
The Support Manager of Information Technology (Manager) is the MIS partner within an assigned business area(s). The role of the Support Manager is to provide leadership, planning, prioritization, scheduling and effective support of information systems. The manager participates with the MIS Director or VP and business partners in overall business initiative planning and must demonstrate sound management perspective on the issues, objectives, and strategies of the assigned area and the Belk enterprise. The manager helps identify the long-term support needs of the assigned area along with the best approach for the processing, delivery and analysis of this information through automation.
The manager leads a staff of Business Systems Analysts, Systems Analysts, QA/Testing Analysts and/or Systems Architects and coordinates the team’s interaction with third party service providers. The manager must demonstrate a strong understanding of and high regard for the Belk MIS Operating Model and Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) as well as project management processes and execution. The manager is accountable for managing the preparation and timely delivery of quality deliverables related to supporting, maintaining, enhancing and monitoring information systems.
The manager is responsible for overseeing staff development. This includes performance appraisal, salary administration, assisting in career development and counseling, and ensuring meaningful assignments and opportunities for staff growth. The manager role is one that requires team leadership, business acumen, professional bearing, systems knowledge, and strong relationship management skills with users and third party service providers.
- Enhancement Identification – Identify opportunities to address the systems aspects of issues, objectives and strategies in the assigned business area. Provide definition and planning level estimates for approved enhancements.
- Root Cause Analysis – Responsible for analyzing recurring issues and problems to determine root cause, formulate solutions and implement for problem avoidance.
- Staff Planning– Organize support resources into a work program aligned with system problems, support activities, maintenance and enhancements.
- Problem Management – Manage and monitor assigned staff to provide meaningful support and enhancement deliverables at committed dates. Document and track project issues escalate as needed and remove roadblocks.
- Governance – Comply with Belk’s systems development methodology and governance practices. Must demonstrate a sound understanding of SOX and similar controls as they relate to MIS activities and business controls for assigned areas.
- Relationship Management – Build partnerships with assigned business units and third party service provider. Be sensitive to the nature of these business and contractual relationships. Uses relationships as the primary source of business initiative planning and requirements definition. Ensure ROI hurdles are met. Ensures effective relationships amongst assigned staff with business users and service providers.
- Staff Development – Direct staff toward achieving departmental objectives through clear communication of expectations, implementation and enforcement of standards, policies, procedures and methodology. Provide consistent and clear feedback to team members on performance against goals and objectives. Assesses individual contributions and potential to develop actions plans for improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, Computer Science or other relative Technical Degree
- 8 years experience working in Information Technology
- 5 years experience developing, implementing and supporting eCommerce and web-based large scale information systems
- 3 years experience managing eCommerce and web-based support and support teams
- Experience developing strategic and tactical plans to meet support objectives
- Experience developing and managing operational budgets
- Experience building and developing a team of technology professionals
- Experience improving and automating business processes through the application of technology
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Products: Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Project
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge and experience working in an IT department within a Fortune 500 retail company
- Experience using automated project management, portfolio management and IT governance tools.
- Excellent strategic and critical thinking skills
- Enthusiastic team leader
- Demonstrated sense of urgency
- Personable, motivated, entrepreneurial, outgoing
- Proven ability to develop others
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Ability to operate a PC
- Ability to manipulate a keyboard
- Ability to sit for long periods of time in an office environment
- Follow any job-related instructions requested by supervisor or management.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1176 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.