This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, visit our Twitter feed at http://twitter.com/ecommercejobs. We are working with Belk, Inc. in their search for a Senior Systems Analyst based in Charlotte, NC.
Belk, Inc. is the nation’s largest privately owned mainline department store company with more than 300 fashion department stores in 16 contiguous Southern states and sales totaling $3.5 billion in its past fiscal year. The company seeks to be the department store of choice in each community it serves by providing superior service and merchandise that meets customers’ needs for fashion, value and quality.
The role of the Sr. Systems Analyst (Tech Lead) – eCommerce is to provide technical expertise related to various eCommerce applications. This role will work closely with the eCommerce Application Architect, development manager and support manager on all technology issues and development projects. This role will be the owner of a number of applications in the eCommerce area for all support and enhancements. This role will be the technical subject matter expert for assigned eCommerce applications.
This role will work with Business Analysts and business team to help define business requirements for new development and any support related changes.The role requires proven experience with designing, implementing and maintaining eCommerce applications preferably using Blue Martini framework on Weblogic platform.
The role will need to work with other application teams to define and implement any required interfaces for all support, enhancements and various new projects.
This role will also be primarily responsible and will work with internal and external vendor teams for all code deployment and source control for assigned applications from eCommerce application area.
- Working with support team on day to day support activities
- Working with support team on small enhancements
- Deploy all support fixes, small enhancements and major projects to production environment for assigned applications
- Maintain and manage the source control repository for assigned applications
- Work with business analysts and business team to define technically feasible requirements
- Work with Application Architect to analyze and implement appropriate tools/services to improve Belk’s eCommerce application portfolio for assigned applications
- Work with internal and external vendor teams on all support/enhancement/project related activities
- Provide stability and improve performance for assigned applications
- Work with various parties to make all assigned eCommerce applications better to enhance customer experience and positively impact eCommerce sales.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or similar field.
- 5+ years experience as Systems Analyst, Technology Lead or a other similar technology position in eCommerce application area in retail domain.
- Strong SDLC experience and application architecture/design background.
- 3-5 years experience preferably in the retail and consumer products industry.
- Detailed functional understanding of eCommerce application, interfaces and business processes.
- The position requires knowledge of and hands-on experience with, eCommerce application tiers, concepts, processes, technology, and tools. This includes the following:
- eCommerce framework tools like Blue Martini
- Object oriented design patterns
- Java/J2EE programming
- Understanding of Database Software like Oracle, DB2, UDB etc.
- Database utilities like TOAD, SQLPlus and Oracle tools
- Operating Systems like Solaris, Linux, AIX, i5OS, Windows etc.
- Operating System level scripting tools like Shell scripts, PERL scripts, Batch programming etc.
- Source control and version management tools like CVS
- Build and Release management tools like Apache Ant
- Web Analytics tools like Coremetrics, Omniture etc.
- Performance/availability monitoring tools/services like Gomez, Keynote etc.
- Load testing tools/services like Mercury LoadRunner/WinRunner, Gomez etc.
- Experience working with third party vendors.
- Able to identify, challenge, and consider opportunities outside of conventional thinking and traditional ways of operating to resolve problems or inefficiencies.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the capabilities of all platforms, including but not limited to web, mobile, widget and others and the constraints involved in designing for online and multimedia.
- Effective at reporting and communication of project status in a cross-functional environment.
- Must have strong problem-solving and analytical skills, an investigative mentality, organizational and logic skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills in order to meet routinely with individuals at all levels of the organization as well as outside vendors.
- Possess excellent written communication skills with the ability to organize thoughts on complex technical issues into well-conceived plans of action.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1175 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.