This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, visit our Twitter feed at http://twitter.com/ecommercejobs. We are working with Belk, Inc. in their search for an eCommerce Database Administrator based in Charlotte, NC.
Belk, Inc. is the nation’s largest privately owned mainline department store company with more than 300 fashion department stores in 16 contiguous Southern states and sales totaling $3.5 billion in its past fiscal year. The company seeks to be the department store of choice in each community it serves by providing superior service and merchandise that meets customers’ needs for fashion, value and quality.
The eCommerce Database Administrator is responsible for Oracle Database Administration. This position will be the focal point for database management, architectural, advisory and technical services analysis and design of the Oracle database systems. Primary responsibilities include database architecture and the installation, configuration and maintenance of multiple Oracle based databases. Performs administration, upgrades, reconfiguration and recovery of the databases and applications, ensures availability and coordinates rollouts. Analyzes, performs root cause analysis, and resolves complex technical system and database problems.
This position requires working closely with business and other application and functional peers on regular basis. The position also requires being available on a 24×7 basis to support our various IT infrastructure elements.
- Design and document database architecture. Data Modeling.
- Build database scheme, tables, procedures and permissions
- Set up data sharing and disk partitioning
- Develop database utilities and automated reporting
- Create shell scripts for task automation
- Create, test and execute data management languages
- Analyze and sustain capacity and performance requirements
- Analyze, consolidate and tune database for optimal efficiency
- Monitor systems and platforms for availability.
- Oversee backup, clustering, mirroring, replication and failover
- Restore and recover corrupted databases
- Install and test upgrades and patches
- Implement security and encryption
- Provide 24/7 support for critical situations
- Evaluate and recommend new database technologies
- Minimum 4-year degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience with Core Oracle Database (Oracle 9i, 10G)
- 8+ years of experience with UNIX/Linux
- Requires a solid understanding of the IT industry with regard to Database system-administration tools and trends. Must have a clear understanding of the entire Oracle footprint of technologies and how they interact with eCommerce and web-based applications.
- Good understanding of Oracle architecture and the various Application tier and Database tier components: underlying objects, schemas/products, database objects, file system structure, tables, views, packages, procedures, sequences, indexes, and constraints.
- Experience with cloning Test and Development environments from Production Oracle environments.
- Strong experience in database performance tuning and SQL tuning in regards to Oracle databases
- Requires senior level skills in all aspects of database design and support including technical analysis and problem solving.
- Experience working with third party vendors.
- Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) preferred
- Able to identify, challenge, and consider opportunities outside of conventional thinking and traditional ways of operating to resolve problems or inefficiencies.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the capabilities of all platforms, including but not limited to web, mobile, widget and others and the constraints involved in designing for online and multimedia.
- Effective at reporting and communication of project status in a cross-functional environment.
- Must have strong problem-solving and analytical skills, an investigative mentality, organizational and logic skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills in order to meet routinely with individuals at all levels of the organization as well as outside vendors.
- Possess excellent written communication skills with the ability to organize thoughts on complex technical issues into well-conceived plans of action.
- Maintains knowledge of latest technology trends, new functionality and market demands.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of current user experience/website industry standards and best practices.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1172 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.