This position has been closed. For a current listing of our open job opportunities, click HERE.
EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, visit our Twitter feed at http://twitter.com/ecommercejobs. We are working with Belk, Inc. in their search for an eCommerce Web Front-end Developer based in Charlotte, NC.
Belk, Inc. is the nation's largest privately owned mainline department store company with more than 300 fashion department stores in 16 contiguous Southern states and sales totaling $3.5 billion in its past fiscal year. The company seeks to be the department store of choice in each community it serves by providing superior service and merchandise that meets customers' needs for fashion, value and quality.
The role of the web front end developer is to produce, maintain and modify web front end for all Belk eCommerce applications using various technologies. This role will work with rest of the technical team to design and implement front end application components that work well in conjunction with other server side components.
This role will be the technical subject matter expert for all front-end components of eCommerce applications. This role will work with Business Analysts and business team to help define business requirements for new development and any support related changes by creating front-end mock-ups and functional HTML models.
The role requires proven experience with designing, implementing and maintaining eCommerce front-end components preferably for Blue Martini framework based applications.
The role will have to provide accurate timing estimates for work based on written or verbal front-end fixes/enhancements/projects.
This role will have to maintain high awareness of industry issues and trends, especially with regards to emerging front-end technologies in eCommerce space, accessibility and usability issues
- Design and develop all front-end application components for eCommerce applications
- Working with support team on small enhancements
- Work with development team on projects
- Work with Business Analysts and System Analysts to create front-end mock-ups
- Provide accessibility guidelines in all application development
- Provide usability guidelines in all application development
- Work with internal and external vendor teams on all support/enhancement/project related activities
- Develop cross-browser and cross-platform compatible front-end code.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or similar field.
- 5+ years experience as Systems Analyst, Technology Lead or a other similar technology position in eCommerce application area in retail domain.
- Strong SDLC experience and application architecture/design background.
- 3+ years experience preferably in the retail and consumer products industry.
- Detailed functional understanding of eCommerce application, interfaces and business processes.
- The position requires knowledge of and hands-on experience with, eCommerce application tiers, concepts, processes, technology, and tools. This includes the following:
- eCommerce framework tools like Blue Martini
- HTML, CSS (1 & 2), XHTML
- Developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible front-end solutions
- Good understanding of web accessibility guidelines
- Extensive experience with front-end debugging tools like FireBug etc.
- Knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of XML
- Knowledge of Operating Systems like Solaris, Linux, AIX, Windows etc.
- Source control and version management tools like CVS
- Experience integrating Web Analytics tools like Coremetrics, Omniture etc.
- Performance/availability monitoring tools/services like Gomez, Keynote etc.
- Experience working with third party vendors.
- Able to identify, challenge, and consider opportunities outside of conventional thinking and traditional ways of operating to resolve problems or inefficiencies.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the capabilities of all platforms, including but not limited to web, mobile, widget and others and the constraints involved in designing for online and multimedia.
- Effective at reporting and communication of project status in a cross-functional environment.
- Must have strong problem-solving and analytical skills, an investigative mentality, organizational and logic skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills in order to meet routinely with individuals at all levels of the organization as well as outside vendors.
- Possess excellent written communication skills with the ability to organize thoughts on complex technical issues into well-conceived plans of action.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1173 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.