This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
p>EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, visit our Twitter feed at http://twitter.com/ecommercejobs. We are working with Belk, Inc. in their search for an eCommerce Business Systems Analyst based in Charlotte, NC.
Belk, Inc. is the nation’s largest privately owned mainline department store company with more than 300 fashion department stores in 16 contiguous Southern states and sales totaling $3.5 billion in its past fiscal year. The company seeks to be the department store of choice in each community it serves by providing superior service and merchandise that meets customers’ needs for fashion, value and quality.
The eCommerce Business Systems Analyst is responsible for supporting the implementation of the belk.com website and other enhancements through a Belk’s IDEAS software development lifecycle. Primary responsibilities include requirements elicitation, documentation and analysis, solution design, testing definition and execution and business change management. This position works with stakeholders, technical staff, and others to translate business needs into systems solutions. Additional responsibilities include system modifications and enhancements, product development, conversions, and provide on-going production support to the end users.
- Evaluate site design and functionality and document enhancement recommendations from business stakeholders and product managers.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current user experience/website industry standards and best practices.
- Monitor and analyze products and services, market trends, and customer requirements.
- Assist in performing usability testing of proposed designs. Conduct competitive audits and other research.
- Analyze related web metrics once implementation is complete (traffic, visibility, outreach, effectiveness) and coordinate updates with the various members of the key business units to ensure ongoing maintenance.
- Define business and functional requirements on behalf of the business to provide to systems analysts for implementation.
- Work closely with business users to understand their business needs and opportunities for the use of technology to improve their processes and help them meet their business objectives. Understand the applications supporting the users, their capabilities and limitations. Assist the business users in developing business cases, including costs, benefits, and risks analysis.
- Develop an excellent working relationship with business users and IT, providing very customer focused and responsive support to their business needs. Acts as liaison between systems software development staff, management, and system end-users to determine requirements.
- Translate business requirements into functional specifications for necessary systems modifications to satisfy business needs. Work with IT to determine best technical solution to achieve objectives.
- Work with QA and IT to develop test scripts based on functional specifications and participate in testing of systems enhancements and modifications.
- Serves as subject matter expert with content, processes, and procedures associated with the design of efficient, cost effective solutions.
- Perform quality reviews of data results throughout the project lifecycle.
- Coordinate implementation of the system software, including conversion of data to the new system, and work with application support personnel to resolve system problems.
- Work proactively with end users to identify technical solutions to business problems or inefficiencies.
- Work with the teams to ensure training materials and curriculums are developed to support systems enhancements and modifications. Document system specifications, note and communicate any changes in procedure.
- 5 or more years in a business analyst or technical lead role.
- 5 or more years experience defining requirements for enterprise documentation.
- 7 or more years in eCommerce or Web.
- Experience in design, development, implementation and deployment of web enabled eCommerce/Internet/Intranet) applications (web-site design, development).
- Experience with software testing tools.
- Experience working on large, complex projects in the online retailing arena.
- Project management experience demonstrating a detail orientation, solid time management skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment.
- Experience writing technical documents, business requirements documents and user manuals.
- Proven ability to communicate complex data issues to a wide variety of decision-makers and interface with executive management, clients and staff at all levels
- Experience working with third party vendors.
- Experience using automated project management, portfolio management and IT governance tools.
- Knowledge of usability testing constructs.
- Must demonstrate excellent business analysis skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility among project team, and use current technology and tools to enhance deliverable and service effectiveness
- Able to identify, challenge, and consider opportunities outside of conventional thinking and traditional ways of operating to resolve problems or inefficiencies.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the capabilities of all platforms, including but not limited to web, mobile, widget and others and the constraints involved in designing for online and multimedia.
- Effective at reporting and communication of project status in a cross-functional environment.
- Must have strong problem-solving and analytical skills, an investigative mentality, organizational and logic skills.
- Exceptional communication skills. Good leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Maintains knowledge of latest technology trends, new functionality and market demands.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of current user experience/website industry standards and best practices.
- Ability to operate a PC
- Ability to manipulate a keyboard
- Ability to sit for long periods of time in an office environment
- Follow any job-related instructions requested by supervisor or management.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1171 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.