This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, visit our Twitter feed at http://twitter.com/ecommercejobs. We are working with Belk, Inc. in their search for an eCommerce Application Architect based in Charlotte, NC.
Belk, Inc. is the nation’s largest privately owned mainline department store company with more than 300 fashion department stores in 16 contiguous Southern states and sales totaling $3.5 billion in its past fiscal year. The company seeks to be the department store of choice in each community it serves by providing superior service and merchandise that meets customers’ needs for fashion, value and quality.
The role of the Application Architect is to set the architectural direction for all eCommerce applications. The architect will work closely with the Belk architecture team, eCommerce development/support technical teams and business analysts to provide the overall guidance and structure for creating and maintaining all application development and support activities. Application architect will be the single point of responsibility for sound design of all application solutions in eCommerce area.
The role requires proven experience with designing, implementing and maintaining eCommerce applications preferably using Blue Martini framework on Weblogic platform.
The application architect will need to work with infrastructure teams to define and implement an Operating System and application version/patch management process for eCommerce servers.
- Guiding eCommerce development and support teams for all design and architecture decisions
- Reviewing all development and support activities for consistency with architecture and standards
- Evaluating and collaborating changes in eCommerce application architecture with outsource providers, development teams, and outside consultants as required.
- Developing, publishing and maintaining architectural standards in the eCommerce application area
- Providing direction to all teams on standards and best practices in eCommerce
- Helping various teams in eCommerce application area with code deployment, source control and change management processes
- Monitoring the patch management process for eCommerce infrastructure. Work with third party hosting provider team to manage and implement this process.
- Identifying various tools to address the evolving needs of the eCommerce application area. Additionally, provide oversight and lead the tool selection process.
- Work closely with development manager, support manager and their teams and other vendor teams to effectively address business requirements in the eCommerce application area.
- Work with eCommerce director to define and implement strategic technology direction in eCommerce application area.
- Applying industry best practices.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering or similar field.
- 7+ years experience as Application Architect or Technology Lead or a senior technology position in eCommerce application area in retail domain.
- Strong SDLC experience and application architecture/design background.
- 3-5 years experience preferably in the retail and consumer products industry.
- Detailed functional understanding of eCommerce application, interfaces and business processes.
- The position requires knowledge of and hands-on experience with, eCommerce application tiers, concepts, processes, technology, and tools. This includes the following:
- eCommerce framework tools like Blue Martini
- Application Server software administration like Weblogic, Websphere, Tomcat etc.
- Web server software administration like Apache, IIS, Weblogic etc.
- Database Software like Oracle, DB2, UDB etc.
- Database utilities like TOAD, SQLPlus and Oracle tools
- Operating Systems like Solaris, Linux, AIX, i5OS, Windows etc.
- Operating System level scripting tools like Shell scripts, PERL scripts, Batch programming etc.
- Web Analytics tools like Coremetrics, Omniture etc.
- Performance/availability monitoring tools/services like Gomez, Keynote etc.
- Load testing tools/services like Mercury LoadRunner/WinRunner, Gomez etc.
- Object oriented design patterns
- Java/J2EE programming
- Source control and version management tools like CVS
- Build and Release management tools like Apache Ant
- Experience working with third party vendors.
- Able to identify, challenge, and consider opportunities outside of conventional thinking and traditional ways of operating to resolve problems or inefficiencies.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the capabilities of all platforms, including but not limited to web, mobile, widget and others and the constraints involved in designing for online and multimedia.
- Effective at reporting and communication of project status in a cross-functional environment.
- Must have strong problem-solving and analytical skills, an investigative mentality, organizational and logic skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills in order to meet routinely with individuals at all levels of the organization as well as outside vendors.
- Possess excellent written communication skills with the ability to organize thoughts on complex technical issues into well-conceived plans of action.
- Ability to operate a PC
- Ability to manipulate a keyboard
- Ability to sit for long periods of time in an office environment
- Follow any job-related instructions requested by supervisor or management.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1170 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.