This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, visit our Twitter feed at http://twitter.com/ecommercejobs. And while you’re at it, please join our 3000-member LinkedIn group, EcommerceJobs.com.
We are working with a growing e-commerce company in their search for a Director of Merchandising. The client is a consumer products retailer based in New York City. This small, successful company is growing rapidly and needs an experienced merchandising professional to take its efforts in this area to the next level.
This position involves leading our product strategies; this includes scouting out new products, planning the product road map, and devising innovative new ways to bring products to market. This individual will be a key influencer in fast-paced company run by individuals with experience at brand-name companies and is often featured in leading news sources. The position reports directly to the VP of Marketing.
- Overall merchandising strategy, including site merchandising, assortment planning/management, pricing practices, and promotional management
- Establish and/or enhance vendor relationships to reduce costs, create exclusive distribution arrangements, solve quality issues, and co-develop new products; establish profitability and sales criteria for inclusion in product catalog
- Work with analytics manager to gauge product performance and identify key consumer trends; publish merchandising reports
- Set and manage promotional calendar, including email schedule and key product launches
- Work with content and design teams to continually enhance and evolve visual and content
Skills & Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of merchandising, product development, assortment planning, promotion management, and financial analysis.
- Experience using data and customer insights to understand the audience needs and behavior
- Success in developing and bringing products to market
- A drive to succeed and eye toward the bottom line
The company offers competitive pay and benefits, along with excellent performance-based bonus potential. Relocation assistance may be available.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1151 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Search our site for more ecommerce jobs in your city or specialty: