QUINCY, MA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest Boston ecommerce jobs around!
We are working with J. Jill in their search for a Director of Ecommerce Operations based in Quincy, MA. J.Jill is a unique women’s specialty clothing retailer. With a passionately devoted customer base, a talented and dedicated in-house design team continually creating new collections, and a rapidly expanding multichannel business, it’s an exciting place to be.
What began in 1959 as one store in the Berkshires is now a national retailer of apparel, accessories and footwear. J.Jill uncomplicates a woman’s life by giving her a stylish, easy, ready-for-anything wardrobe that lets her dress confidently and focus on enjoying her life. J. Jill offers friendly, guiding service wherever she shops: its stores, its website or its catalogs.
Located minutes from Boston in Quincy, Massachusetts, J. Jill has over 225 stores and a state-of-the-art contact and distribution center in Tilton, New Hampshire.
The Director of Ecommerce Operations is accountable for site demand and conversion, a best-in-class user experience, and the operational performance of jjill.com across all device types. In this role, you will lead the firm’s effort to define, design, and execute innovative commerce features, content, and functionality in support of key initiatives and goals.
You’ll also direct the team responsible for the day-to-day operational management of site, ensuring all bi-weekly content and monthly product launches occur in a timely and accurate manner. The basic idea is to continually measure site performance against key performance indicator goals and identify and implement optimization efforts to drive performance on a week-to-week basis.
- Drive new site functionality & feature initiatives: Identify, recommend, and implement new functionality or solutions to drive channel demand. Serve as the business owner for all site development phases from concept to launch including business requirements, user flows/wireframes, functional requirements, QA/testing, and post-launch monitoring and optimization.
- Own the Ecommerce content plan and execution: Partner with cross-functional stakeholders in IS, Merchandising, Creative, and Marketing and actively lead efforts to drive the success of all content planning and execution efforts. Ensure all site content serves to meet channel goals, customers’ expectations, Ecommerce best practices, and SEO optimization requirements.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and provide guidance for content and feature design such that the experience is optimized across all device types.
- Direct efforts to optimize existing site features including recommendation zones, on-site search, navigation hierarchy and faceted navigation. Identify and implement enhancements to existing features to drive improvements key performance indicators including product page view rate, add to bag rate, conversion, and revenue per visit.
- Ensure the site meets or exceeds weekly key performance indicators and goals including demand, conversion, and AOV goals. Drive accountability for results by directing weekly business review meetings and identifying and implementing optimization actions that drive improvements in conversion, revenue per visit, average order value, and site engagement.
- Oversee efforts to regularly capture, summarize, and utilize qualitative and quantitative site assessment inputs to identify market trends, best practices, and new solutions or solutions providers that should be considered and/or applied to jjill.com: direct usability sessions to obtain customer feedback on current and/or planned site design, perform benchmark assessments of site versus best in class online retailers and competitor sites, etc.
- Establish and cultivate a culture of test and learn. Own and manage a test plan; continually identify and test new ideas with the goal of driving increased revenue per visit and an improved customer experience across all device types.
- Manage all existing and new vendor relationships. When applicable, direct RFP efforts, contract negotiations, and implementations of new vendor services and solutions. Ensure all existing vendor solutions and services are being maximized.
- Manage a team of web content coordinators, developers, and project leads.
Traits for Success:
- Passion for defining and executing Ecommerce solutions that drive results and thrive in a collaborative and dynamic environment.
- Inquisitive and in constant pursuit of innovative ways to drive results; does not settle for the status quo.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- High energy, positive “can do” attitude and self motivated.
- Possess strong critical thinking and problem solving skills and crave opportunities to try new, innovative approaches that will drive channel results and provide a best-in-class experience.
Education and Experience:
- 4 Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business discipline required, MBA is a plus.
- 10+ years of Ecommerce content & development experience or related experience.
- Experience defining and implementing innovative solutions and content strategies that led to growth within an Ecommerce channel.
- Strong foundation in developing across digital devices, including desktop, mobile, tablet, etc.
- Proven ability to utilize quantitative inputs to identify trends and behaviors and subsequent actions to take to drive improvements in the online channel.
- Demonstrated ability to drive results within an ecommerce channel.
- Proven success influencing and driving results through cross-functional team members.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)