TAMPA, FL – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest Tampa ecommerce jobs around …
Vology is one of the fastest growing technology companies in America, as witnessed by its inclusion in the Inc. 5000. Vology’s team is driven and works hard, but the atmosphere is light and collaborative. This is one of the many reasons Vology has been recognized as one of Tampa Bay’s Best Places to Work for the past four years.
Clients love Vology too.
Every day, tens of thousands of clients choose Vology for the best value in enterprise IT solutions. From small and mid-sized businesses to Fortune 2000 companies to government and educational institutions, Vology offers a wide range of products, services, expertise and support to satisfy every client’s business challenges and budget.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: If you are new to B2B marketing, you may be unfamiliar with the concept of the value-added reseller (VAR), which Wikipedia describes as …
“… a company that adds features or services to an existing product, then resells it (usually to end-users) as an integrated product or complete “turn-key” solution. This practice occurs commonly in the electronics industry, where, for example, a VAR might bundle a software application with supplied hardware.
“The added value can come from professional services such as integrating, customizing, consulting, training and implementation. The value can also be added by developing a specific application for the product designed for the customer’s needs which is then resold as a new package. Customers would purchase the system from the reseller if they lacked the time or experience to assemble the system themselves.”
It’s a great business to be in (which might explain why Warren Buffett owns nearly 7% of IBM). When times are good, the hardware and service businesses reinforce each other — and very often the VAR is a trusted advisor to the client, much like a lawyer or accountant.
In this case, Vology offers IT services and solutions, technology solutions, and data storage solutions to complement its comprehensive product offerings numbering in the hundreds of thousands of SKUs.
In fact, Vology’s growth in these areas has made it “the world’s first “Hybrid Super-VAR” with …
- A national footprint
- More than $100 million in revenues
- Extensive partnership relationships
- A robust ecommerce platform to assist its customers with small, commodity purchases
- Certified pre-owned equipment, often sold at half the price of new equipment (while still including a five-year warranty)
- Third party compatible options with high quality, low cost generic components
- Asset lifecycle management.
See for yourself …
About the Role
The Marketing Automation Specialist will be a key member Vology’s Marketing Team and will be a major contributor in building and executing campaigns using marketing automation and other technologies. This critical role is responsible for the lead generation, lead nurturing and lead scoring under the direction of the Marketing Director. In B2B, that’s a big responsibility. Well nurtured leads are the lifeblood of Vology’s business.
A knowledge of database management and experience across marketing automation tools, preferably Eloqua, as well as CRM integration and reporting methodologies is important for success in this role. This is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to sharpen their skills in marketing automation by leveraging the latest B2B marketing technology.
- Marketing Automation: You’ll use Eloqua to build and execute marketing campaigns / programs and subscription management
- Email Execution: Build out email campaigns in Elouqa and integrate CRM campaigns currently running separately.
- PPC Integration: Along with web and ecommerce team, manage marketing efforts across all channels with PPC integration in email campaigns.
- Testing: Perform A/B testing on campaign elements to optimize conversions for inbound, external email and PPC campaigns
- Reporting and Analysis: Monitor and analyze campaign performance, work with team to select and implement a predictive analytics package
- Database Marketing : Manage data integrity and best practices, own the segmentation and depth of data points, and leverage the database for efficient and effective campaign targeting
- Calendar Coordination: Co-Own the calendar with social and web team to insure that a unified messaging process is maintained.
Key Skill Sets:
- You are highly technical
- Ability to absorb new B2B marketing technology and tools
- Experience with Marketing Automation software
- 2 years minimum with Eloqua, Marketo, Hubspot or similar CRM software (primarily Salesforce.com)
- Database management (segmentation, reporting and maintenance)
- Email Marketing
- List acquisition and import
- Motivated to learn or expand analytics knowledge, especially predictive tools, reporting and BI
- Organic and paid search campaigns a plus
- Optimization, A/B testing, continuous improvement
- Web skills including HTML and CSS a plus
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.
PS – If you’re thinking about changing jobs this year (through us or anyone else), you might want to check out this post on why even TOP candidates get rejected.