LAKE SUCCESS, NY – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
For professional consulting, interim executive, and project-based assistance please visit EcommerceConsulting.com.
We are working with the Hain Celestial Group in their search for an Ecommerce National Account Manager based in Lake Success, NY.
The Hain Celestial Group (Nasdaq: HAIN) is a leading natural and organic food and personal care products company in North America and Europe. Hain Celestial participates in almost all natural food categories with well-known brands that include Celestial Seasonings®, Terra®, Garden of Eatin’®, Health Valley®, WestSoy®, Earth’s Best®, Arrowhead Mills®, DeBoles®, Hain Pure Foods®, FreeBird™, Hollywood®, Spectrum Naturals®, Spectrum Essentials®, Walnut Acres Organic™, Imagine Foods™, Rice Dream®, Soy Dream®, Rosetto®, Ethnic Gourmet®, Yves Veggie Cuisine®, Linda McCartney®, Realeat®, Lima®, Grains Noirs®, Natumi®, JASON®, Zia® Natural Skincare, Avalon Organics®, Alba Botanica® and Queen Helene®.
One of the coolest NY ecommerce jobs around
The Ecommerce National Accounts Manager role will have specific sales, distribution, product development, promotional programing and trade responsibility for all on-line accounts. Direct accounts are as follows: Amazon.com, Amazon Fresh, Diapers.com, Vitacost, Drugstore.com, Iherb, GreenPoka.com and other start-ups as they develop. The position will be the main liaisons with the firm’s National Account teams for the ecommerce strategy. The National Accounts Manager for Ecommerce will contribute significantly toward the attainment of HC’s volume and profitability goals.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: Not too long ago Seth Godin wrote a great blog post about how every company’s brand is a story – not about the company, but rather its consumers. Because people express themselves with what they buy (and how they use what they buy), brands have become extensions of our personality, totems of ourselves, and reminders of who we would like to be. In that light, “great marketers don’t make stuff — they make meaning.”
Seth’s post reminded of Hain Celestial, the world’s largest natural and organic packaged goods, food and personal care company. Hain develops and manufactures products that are all-natural and organic, and its customers are head over heels in love with the firm’s portfolio of products and what the company stands for. Hain’s strengths include the quality and safety of its products, and the amazing care that the firm takes in researching and developing them. It’s a company that’s firing on all cylinders.
None of which has escaped Wall Street’s attention.
Just five years ago the company’s stock was trading in the teens. Today it’s much higher. The reason is simple: As consumers have become much more attuned to their food choices, no other segment in the food industry has seen as much growth as organic food. While organic foods first saw traction in specialty retailers like Whole Foods, mainstream supermarkets such as Walmart, Target, and Kroger have jumped on the bandwagon in a big way.
Naturally, mainstream awareness means greater competition — both online and off. In 2013, EcommerceRecruiter.com closed a VP of Ecommerce search for Colgate, and every month we’re being contacted by CPG firms seeking to staff up for ecommerce. Some of these firms have excellent ideas about how to make the most of digital commerce.
In the area of digital, Hain Celestial has some catching up to do — but the company is completely committed to ecommerce. By 2018, Hain Celestial expects ecommerce to be a major source of revenue for the company. The company has a strong presence on Amazon and looks to increase its sales on similar sites as well as third-party marketplaces.
Having Hain Celestial’s products readily accessible through ecommerce speaks to the firm’s mission of getting natural and organic food options to more Americans at prices that make sense. Given the relative lack of natural food stores in small town America, Hain believes that not only will digital commerce become a huge revenue driver, but it will be central to the firm’s core mission of promoting a healthier way of life as well.
About the Role
This is a brand-new position, and Hain’s new Ecommerce National Account Manager is expected to help shape the firm’s ecommerce strategy from a sales standpoint. Hain’s traditional focus has been on food retail sales, and this role will be dedicated to developing new business with major brick-and-mortar retailers plus pure plays like Amazon. As one might expect, Hain has account teams that support the offline activities of the major retail chains, and this role will develop ecommerce strategies to complement those retailers’ efforts to promote Hain Celestial’s products in a multichannel way.
Hain has existing partners who already sell its product through the major pure-plays and this role will help shape that strategy. Accordingly, the new Ecommerce National Account Manager will be expected to leverage Nielsen and syndicated data to monitor the firm’s leading and lagging indicators of success through all of these channels. The goal is to drive high-growth in a balanced way that leverages the unique strengths of each of Hain’s valued trading partners.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Initiate and implement sales efforts for online customers in order to achieve specific distribution, merchandising and volume goals as targeted against all HCG product categories.
- Work to develop existing and new online accounts including traditional grocery retailers (Amazon.com, Vitacost.com, Target.com, Walmart.com, Safeway, Kroger, Publix etc) business to maximize selling opportunities.
- Work closely with the eCommerce Marketing team to develop and execute the eCommerce strategy.
- Develop financial analysis for new products develop specifically for the online class of trade.
- Create profitable, volume-building, customer specific sales tools and ideas for the online customers.
- Share responsibility for volume, distribution and contribution margin for Special Channels. Manage account specific MDF budgets within spending guidelines.
- Serve as key product and packaging initiator for above noted customers. Work with Director of eCommerce to develop frustration free packaging and pack sizes for eCommerce trade
- Utilize Synectics Trade Planning tool to track trade spending and promotional programing
- Outline and organize the business building requirements and needs of above named customers.
- Work with Customer Service and Logistics to create best in class objectives and service, regularly tracking results.
- Create customer template for Annual Business Reviews and facilitate their completion.
- Anticipate, monitor, and communicate competitive activity and develop recommended tactics and strategies to preempt or counter.
- BA/BS Degree, preferably in Business with an emphasis on sales marketing. MBA desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience in sales and sales management for a major consumer packaged goods company with emphasis on eCommerce.
- Experience in developing packaging, pricing, promotions for specialty channels.
- Ability to travel extensively.
- Superior working knowledge and understanding of syndicated data and account POS systems.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Power Point.
- Strong delegation skills.
- This position will be located in the New York area at the Lake Success office
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.