BAY AREA, CA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest SEO jobs around!
We are working with a confidential client in their search for an SEO Manager based in Alameda, California, pictured here …
As this client’s new SEO Manager, you’ll be responsible for the day to day management of all on-site and off-site factors of the SEO program including target keyword selection, site optimization, cross-functional collaboration and content development, analysis and reporting. Your basic SEO deal.
During the hiring process, we’ll ask you to share actual case studies and results from your past roles. Examples might include internal site changes that led to improved rankings and higher sales, white hat link building / digital content programs that resulted in high quality backlinks, and KPI’s used to measure the success of your SEO programs. Ideally, you’ll have deep experience managing the SEO channel for a mid- to large online retailer. Say, north of $50 million in online sales.
You won’t believe how much we know about this search …
We spent a ton of time on the phone with this client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things we can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every SEO job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day/ week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard performance marketing job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPI’s that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this ecommerce job.
Our industry research for this ecommerce job exceeds 60 pages! Be sure to TEXT Allan Seibert at (706) 318-1196 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Partner with cross-functional teams to drive SEO initiatives, including: Marketing, Ecommerce, Merchant and Copywriting teams to optimize and develop onsite content and improve internal linking structure; IT/Dev to improve underlying code base and information architecture, and PR/Media & Social teams to drive external link development.
Day-to-day management of SEO campaigns and tactical execution of SEO strategies, including:
- Keyword research, analysis, and portfolio management
- Identifying growth opportunities
- On-site content optimization
- Inbound link acquisition and optimization via strategic content development efforts
- Establish, track, and report on SEO KPIs (key performance indicators) such as SERP ranking, keyword traffic, and sales performance
- Lead and prioritize all SEO projects including site architecture, content and linking projects
- Recommend and scope technical needs required to improve organic search visibility; partner with IT/Dev team to create requirements documentation to execute these changes.
- Execute local SEO strategies including optimization of local store listings through Google & Yext.
- Contribute strategic insights into content planning, including: recommendations around high search volume/high opportunity content topics, optimization of content for search engines, and guidance on securing strategic links from medium to high authority sites.
- Engage with stakeholders including merchant category managers to set and drive aggressive goals for customer acquisition through SEO
- Manage and help plan the SEO support infrastructure including SEO agencies/vendors
- Act as a resource and SEO advocate for the business
- Stay on top of current search engine news, trends, SEO best practices and share these with the team
- 5+ years SEO experience
- Proven track record successfully optimizing ecommerce sites for competitive head terms and long tail terms.
- Track record of identifying and driving technical improvements to websites that have improved organic search visibility.
- Experience in content planning with the end goal of securing links on high authority sites with strong readership, and developing and implementing creative programs to encourage inbound linking.
- Skilled in web analytics tools such as Omniture, Google Analytics; SEO keyword ranking and analysis tools such as BrightEdge. Experience with Ecommerce/CMS platforms used by larger organizations preferred.
- Experience working as a team with online merchants, content writers, and technical resources
- Thorough knowledge of search ranking factors and critical updates. Familiarity with online SEO resources, tools, blogs, and forums.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Able to demonstrate and articulate a strong philosophy around on-site optimization, and advocate/educate SEO to the wider organization.
- Desire to work in a collaborative team environment; positive attitude and enthusiasm for getting results
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater in Business, Marketing, Computer Science or other relevant field
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.