METRO BOSTON – With more than 150 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest Digital Marketing jobs around!
We are working with Yasso in their search for a Digital Marketing Manager based in Quincy, MA — just south of Boston.
Ever tried Yasso frozen yogurt? It’s freaking delicious.
So delicious in fact that consumers often confuse it with ice cream. Which is kind of the point — except that Yasso yogurt bars are made only with real Greek yogurt with live active cultures, rBST-free milk and natural sweeteners. Translation: They’re actually GOOD for you.
Yasso was conceived in 2009 by two childhood friends, Drew Harrington and Amanda Klane, who set out to make delicious low-calorie desserts with natural ingredients that also offer excellent nutritional benefits. After tweaking the product for a couple of years, the duo launched Yasso Frozen Greek Yogurt Bars, which has since gone on to become one of the fastest-growing brands in the frozen novelty food category.
How does a 60% CAGR grab you?
With ~$80 million in 2017 sales, Yasso is sold in more than 15,000 stores in all 50 states to loyal fans who are always up for a tasty snack with just 80-150 protein-packed calories per bar (and little to no fat). Plus: Yasso Bars come in 15 yummy flavors, like Cinnamon Bun, Mint Chocolate Chip, Coconut, and the Coffee Chocolate Chip. Hungry? Okay, I’ll stop now.
About the Role
As a key member of Yasso’s Marketing team, you’ll be responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive digital marketing plan that achieves the goals of building brand awareness, generating trial, and driving retail sell-through. This is not an ecommerce job, per se. There’s no shopping cart on Yasso’s site, and the firm is not yet taking an active role in how their product is sold online. Even Walmart and Target offer Yasso’s products with a buy in-store only option. That’ll change eventually, but for now …
… the name of the game is driving trial and repeat purchase IN GROCERY STORES.
As Yasso’s Head of Digital, you’ll work closely with internal and external partners to develop digital media campaigns that target relevant audiences and lead to measurable results. Aside from driving in-store purchases, we’ll look to you to improve Yasso’s brand awareness so as to keep Yasso top-of-mind with consumers throughout the entire purchase cycle (browse / research / select / validate / purchase / pay / re-buy).
Naturally, you MUST have strong analytical skills and the ability to clearly communicate strategy, provide detailed reporting, and be the all-around subject matter expert on digital marketing practices within the company. Finally, it would be extremely useful if you have a teachable point of view on the CPG / grocery space.
This is an EXTREMELY high profile job.
As usual, I spent a ton of time on the phone with this client’s CEO teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things I can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day / week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPI’s that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this job.
We have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. Our industry research for this assignment exceeds 100 pages! Be sure to TEXT Harry Joiner at (404) 281-2025 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
As digital marketing jobs go, this one is really cool. As Yasso’s new Head of Digital Marketing, you will work closely with the marketing and sales teams on various projects and programs while you …
- Advocate for and manage the allocation of digital media budgets across a range of established and emerging channels, which may include search, display, social, mobile, video, native, content marketing, email, direct mail, and other media platforms.
- Continually assess and recommend the right mix of internal and external resources for planning, executing, and analyzing digital marketing programs.
- Effectively manage external agencies/resources as well as directly manage specific programs in-house as appropriate.
- Continually identify new marketing channels and innovative tactics within established channels that help Yasso compete efficiently as a smaller, fast-growing consumer brand.
- Ensure a robust measurement and analytical framework tied to brand awareness, brand engagement, and in-store sales that enables us to rapidly test new marketing programs and expand/invest with confidence.
- In collaboration with rest of marketing team, develop a comprehensive strategy for Yasso’s email marketing program, including subscriber acquisition, content strategy, and loyalty-building tactics. Manage the ongoing rollout of this program.
- Work with Yasso’s communication and creative teams to drive continuous improvements in the Yasso.com website to convey the brand story, communicate brand values and messages, build consumer excitement about our products, and draw relevant traffic via SEO best practices.
- Oversee Yasso’s ecommerce program, including management of the online store, order fulfillment, and customer service.
- Work closely with internal/external creative partners, technology providers, and other members of the Yasso marketing team (e.g., shopper marketing, PR/social media, OOH/offline programs) to develop and execute a well-integrated overall brand marketing strategy.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience within a consumer brand or service provider/agency, or both, preferably in a CPG/grocery context.
- Hands-on experience managing digital marketing campaigns in one or more advertising platforms within the Google and Facebook ecosystems.
- Current knowledge of best practices in programmatic, mobile, and social media advertising.
- Experience with in-store/shopper marketing and online marketplace channels (e.g., Amazon, Walmart, Target) a big plus.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, with proficiency in web analytics, marketing attribution, and testing/optimization disciplines.
- Direct experience working with digital marketing tools such as DSP/DMP, attribution, bid management, A/B testing, CDP/CRM.
- Experience optimizing marketing campaigns using “real impact” KPIs beyond impressions and click-through rates.
- Strong mix of strategic thinking and detail-oriented execution skills.
- Proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- Entrepreneurial mindset: Aptitude for thinking “outside the box”, passion for innovation, and appreciation for financial discipline and being accountable for results.
- Excellent presentation, communication, and project management skills.
- Bachelor’s or more advanced degree.
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED