NEW YORK, NY – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest ecommerce jobs around!
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are woking with FullBeauty Brands in their search for a Director of Ecommerce, Woman Within based in New York City.
One of the things I love about my job is that it gives me an opportunity to learn about new niches and subcultures. I’ve written job postings about guitarists, survivalists, bow hunters, motorcycle enthusiasts, pet parents, sneaker heads, cheerleaders, equestrians, fly fisherman, reality TV binge watchers, and more. This week I was surprised to learn that plus sized women are neither a niche nor a subculture, but rather a MAJORITY (by a mile) of the US market for women’s clothing.
The stats speak for themselves.
Refinery29 reports that 67% of American women were plus size (size 14/up) even though they only account for 2% of the bodies represented in the mainstream media. Bloomberg estimates that the market for plus size women’s clothing exceeds $20 billion, and most retailers simply ignore it – or turn their noses up at it.
Actually there is: FullBeauty Brands.
As one of the best kept secrets in retail, FullBeauty Brands is an American plus size women’s and men’s apparel and home goods holding company based in New York City. Originally Lane Bryant, FBB was founded in 1901 in New York City. In 1924, the firm launched its mail order business with its first fashion catalog. In 1941, the mail order business moved to Indiana where the company fulfills catalog and online orders from its fulfillment centers in Indianapolis and Plainfield. In 1999, the company’s call center was opened in El Paso, Texas.
In February 2013, the company was purchased by Charlesbank Capital Partners and Webster Capital. In 2015, the company rebranded itself, it was previously known as OSP Group. In October 2015, FullBeauty Brands was acquired by Apax Partners.
FullBeauty Brands’ direct marketing DNA is evident in everything they do for the plus-sized consumer: FBB’s passion and purpose revolves around making the plus-sized consumer feel better about themselves because of their relationship with FBB. Other well known brands might dabble in this space, but FBB actually exists soley to serve this customer. FBB knows how plus sized people think, what motivates them, what they fear, what makes them mad, what their frustrations and dreams are, and MUCH more.
About the Role
In this role, your job will be to manage WomanWithin.com to maximize conversion rates and increase customer satisfaction through a better online shopping experience. In online retail, there are only three on-site ways to grow any business:
- Drive traffic,
- Improve the average order value, and
- Increase conversion rates.
Your job will involve juicing the average order values an conversion rates. Accordingly, you’ll work closely with brand merchandising, inventory control, the technology group, and creative services to improve all online store functionalities — including display of product assets plus optimization of all site tools while creating a look and feel that conveys Woman Within’s overall brand position.
Additionally, you’ll direct and train a team of managers and assistants for the day-to-day operation of the site, so a deep understanding of ecommerce best practices is essential in this role. We’re looking for a driven A-player who can take WomanWithin to the next level — and then some.
As usual, we spent a ton of time on the phone with this client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things we can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every job has these — whether your recruiter wants you to know about them or not!
- What your average day / week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The top KPI’s that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this job.
We have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. Our industry research for this assignment exceeds 100 pages! Be sure to TEXT me, Harry Joiner, for this info at (404) 281-2025.
Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Understand at any time website performance to ensure the site meets weekly demand, conversion, and AOV goals. Lead weekly business review meetings, identify and implement day-to-day optimization actions to drive demand improvements.
- Own the Ecommerce commercial plan and execution. Work closely with Merchandising, Inventory Control, Marketing and Creative Services to Ensures all site content (home page, department landing page, editorials) feature key products & trends, support business initiatives and meet Ecommerce best practices, and SEO optimization requirements.
- Make recommendations based on data analysis and usability test and to improve site usability optimizing existing site features including recommendation zones, on-site search, category tree and guided navigation.
- Defines test plans to test new content and site features to understand its impact on conversion.
- Work closely with the online technology team to define requirements for functionality development and perform User Acceptance Tests.
- Lead team of ecommerce assistant to manage site products and content. Configure/add/remove/edit items, Execute refreshes according to schedules
- Perform external analysis of industry trends in online merchandising, competitor initiatives, and consumer needs through primary and secondary research methods. Identify business opportunity and risks through analyzing sales and marketplace information.
- 4 year degree, master’s degree or MBA preferred
- 5-8 years ecommerce experience and thorough understanding of online retailing
- Strong analytic skills and experience with web analytics tools
- Strong teamwork skills, ability to listen, contribute as a positive and solution oriented team player
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional environment while juggling multiple responsibilities.
- Strong Communication skills
- Knowledge of web design and usability
- Demonstrated presentation, verbal and written skills
- Ability to think creatively
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.