PHILADELPHIA, PA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. To invite Harry Joiner to connect on LinkedIn, use Harry.Joiner@EcommerceRecruiter.com
This is one of the coolest ecommerce jobs we’ve seen in 2017.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with RevZilla in their search for a Senior Manager, Digital Marketing based in Philadelphia, PA. This is a great role for an established online marketer with deep experience in performance marketing.
RevZilla sells motorcycle apparel, accessories and parts to a rabid fan base of motorcycle enthusiasts. It’s is a multi-brand retailer focusing on the most premium aspects of its vertical, catering typically to sophisticated 30+ year old males.
RevZilla’s not a discount play. They’ve built an amazing brand through video, making motorcycling appeal to just about everyone …
At well over $100 million in revenue on traffic exceeding 2 million monthly uniques, RevZilla has been in hypergrowth mode since its founding in 2007. Today, with over 200 employees and a clear roadmap to being the category killer, it’s easy to imagine RevZilla with a 9 figure top line in the not too distant future.
Although RevZilla is not price driven, it is price competitive. It produces highly engaging content and video to attract and engage riders worldwide, and it’s proud to offer the highest rated customer support in its industry. At its core, RevZilla is a technology and customer experience company run by mototech geeks.
How big is the motorcycle apparel and accessories market?
Pretty damn big. According to First Research, the global motorcycle manufacturing industry is expected to reach $90 billion by the end of this year. This bodes well for RevZilla should it decide to pursue international growth opportunities. Leading countries for motorcycle manufacturing include China, India, Japan, and the US. IBIS World ballparks the size of the US motorcycle dealership and repair industry at $22.5 billion, generated by 5,039 businesses.
Here’s what really interesting: The overall parts and accessories business took a huge hit during the recession, as per capita disposable income weakened and consumers grew bearish on the economy. However wealthier motorcycle enthusiasts continued to consume as the stock market recovered, which lifted overall revenue for the category 4.7% in 2013.
With the economic recovery now in full gear, the motorcycle parts industry is expected to grow briskly through 2018. This bodes well for RevZilla, as the firm seeks to be the premier destination for people who absolutely love motorcycling and want to invest in the best equipment and ride money can buy.
About the Role
As RevZilla’s Senior Manager, Digital Marketing, you’ll focus on managing the firm’s in-house team to run the paid marketing channels driving RevZilla’s revenue and new customer acquisition goals. That means driving growth in the core channels of Paid Search and Shopping/CSE, while supporting other performance marketing channels like Social Ads and Display/Retargeting.
RevZilla is on a quest for moto-ecommerce dominance and needs someone who hustles by default, sweats the numbers, and is exceptionally detail-oriented to drive its marketing visions into reality. To crush it in this role, you’ll need to be experienced in optimization — crunching the performance data and driving ROI across multiple channels and platforms. You’ll have a proven track record of developing and mentoring others as you work to drive growth across all digital marketing channels.
As usual, we spent a ton of time on the phone with this client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things we can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every job has these — whether your recruiter wants you to know about them or not!
- What your average day / week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The top KPI’s that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this job.
We have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. Our industry research for this assignment exceeds 100 pages! Be sure to TEXT Allan Seibert for this info at (706) 318-1196.
Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Managing a team of 3-5 channel specialists/managers
- Overseeing total strategy and execution for core paid marketing channels (Paid Search and Shopping) across Google and other engines) including developing, implementing, testing, and optimizing campaigns
- Drive aggressive revenue growth across Acquisition/Performance channels: Paid Search, Shopping/CSE, Social Ads, Display-Retargeting
- Deploying multi-million dollar budgets and profit-based bidding across multiple platforms
- Manage vendor/platform relationships and ensure team is maximizing use of available tools/features
- Developing channel dashboards to provide performance insights and pacing on a regular basis
- Partnering with internal teams (eg. Search, Social, Creative, Merchandising) to ensure consistent marketing and maximizing business opportunities across channels
- Find new incremental opportunities to drive growth as the digital market evolves and RevZilla’s channels continue to scale
Skills & Qualifications:
- Cross-channel management with some combination of: Paid Search, SEO, Display/Media, Social, Affiliates, Email
Track record as a successful team-builder and mentor
- Several years of direct people management
- Experience hiring and overseeing performance reviews
- Demonstrated training of junior specialists and seeing them through development and promotion
Experienced manager of large scale Paid Search and Shopping accounts in Google AdWords and other Engines (Bing, eBay, etc)
- End-to-end campaign management (planning, launch, testing, experience with 3rd party bid management tools)
- Expertise working with 3rd party Paid Search (Kenshoo, Marin, DoubleClick, etc) and Shopping management platforms (Mercent/CommerceHub, Channel Intelligence, ChannelAdvisor, etc)
- History of hitting/exceeding monthly KPI goals (eg. revenue, ROAS, spend, etc)
- Large-scale, multi-platform, large product catalog, large budget, daily optimizing, ongoing promotional/content management
eCommerce eMarketing management
- Managing major budget with aggressive revenue growth targets
- Budget allocation and prioritization among business lines
- Demonstrated understanding of how to drive KPI’s (ROAS, sessions, etc) and optimize to different business goals
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Web Analytics tools (eg. Google Analytics, Omniture, Coremetrics) including tracking/tagging
- Advanced Excel (eg. pivot tables, macros, complex formulas)
- Experience addressing Marketing Analytics challenges like: attribution, media mix modeling, cross-device reporting
- Advanced database
- Agency/Vendor RFP/evaluation experience
- Vendor/tech implementations
- Tag management experience
- Attribution modeling
- Motorcycle enthusiast (not a requirement!)
To Thrive at RevZilla, You Need To …
- Hustle by default
- Set goals and crush them
- Be detail-oriented
- Clearly communicate
- Play well with others
- Sweat the numbers
- Practice Excel wizardry (and the necessary math)
- Love learning
- Love to win
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.