LOS ANGELES, CA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest ecommerce jobs around!
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with Futuredontics in their search for a Director, Marketing Analytics & Intelligence based in Los Angeles.
Remember the last time you moved to a new area and had to find a new dentist?
What did you do? Ask a friend for a referral? Look in the phonebook? Google “dentist”? According to the ADA, there are nearly 175,000 dental practices in the USA. Orphan dental patients are HUGE business, and the competition for new patients is ferocious.
Helping people find a new dentist is what Futuredontics is all about.
As America’s leading provider of dental marketing services and software, Futuredontics sells websites to its member dentists, along with reputation management tools, reputation monitoring tools, and patient activator (which is a patient communication tool where dentists can manage their email campaigns).
Since 1986, Futuredontics has been dedicated exclusively to dentistry, developing powerful products and resources that help dentists thrive in the digital world. The firm’s flagship product, 1-800-DENTIST, has delivered over 8 million new patient leads to dental practices nationwide.
Additionally, Futuredontics offers an extensive library of dental marketing resources including in-depth whitepapers, webinars and videos. With unlimited live customer support and the largest dental website in North America, Futuredontics has become an extremely cost effective way for dental practices to grow their patient base year after year.
Take a look …
About the Role
Reporting to the firm’s VP of Consumer Marketing, the purpose of this role is to “own” the strategic direction of Futuredontics’ main consumer website, 1800Dentist.com. You will be responsible for overseeing the content, strategy, execution and optimization of 1800Dentist, which will include managing the site’s overall direction.
SEO is a big deal to 1-800-Dentist, and YOU will be solely responsible for how it ranks. We’ll expect you to have an in-depth technical knowledge on issues related to on-site optimization, including 301 redirect mapping, robots.txt, taxonomy management, link location, canonical URLs, optimization of site maps, and content linking.
The team will rely on YOU to understand what technical initiatives must be undertaken to optimize all digital assets for SEO, recognizing the importance to Google of page usefulness and mobile first. It will be up to you to understand and prioritize what technical issues need to be re-engineered to optimize the site.
Take content strategy, for example.
You won’t need to create the content, but you will need to understand what content should be present on the site, how often it should be updated, and what the Creative team should do to develop and implement SEO-friendly content. You’ll own the responsibility for linking, tagging, information architecture — and it’ll be up to you to ensure that your colleagues are mindful of their impact on such things.
You won’t need to lead the firm’s off-site search efforts. But you will need to bring a comprehensive checklist mentality to managing all on-site issues such as UX. It’s not enough that the site’s users fill out a form on a landing page, for example.
Your job is to get users through the site.
How can you get users all the way through the funnel once they have entered the top? This role is all about optimizing user experience in working with the technology and creative teams to create the right experiences. And because you’ll be working with so many internal teams, so strong communication skills are a must.
Get ready to bust out the data.
On any given day, you’ll find yourself asking “What kind of tools should we use to improve conversions? How can we better measure site performance? What are the best leading and lagging indicators of performance?” 1-800-Dentist’s analytics platform will be a shared responsibility with the firm’s Director of Marketing Analytics & Intelligence, so it’s essential that you have a highly analytical bias to the way you make decisions.
The job is about driving revenue, it’s that simple.
We are looking for doers. We are looking for candidates who can move beyond the abstract; beyond developing hypothesis. We’re looking for someone who has an analytical bias and who has a tendency to test things. However: We need a street-smart A-player who understands the risks of over-testing; calling tests too early; and failing to identify false positives. Above all, we’re looking for someone who can make excellent decisions based on common sense analysis and get things going.
The role is perfect for a smart, process-oriented business person who can identify growth opportunities from an SEO standpoint. Navel-gazers need not apply. In your first 100 days in the job, you’ll be leading a site migration to ADX Studio as well as creating a comprehensive dashboard for the website.
As usual, I spent nearly an hour on the phone with this role’s hiring manager and I’m sitting on a mountain of proprietary intelligence about Futuredontics, its markets, its customers, and this role. You definitely don’t want to apply for this job without those things, so hit me up by text at 404-281-2025. Otherwise, simply apply using the link below.
We look forward to working with you!
- Responsible for creating a strategy for website content
- Implement SEO best practices
- Optimize website conversion
- Define, track, design and implement measurements and optimization plans that capture appropriate key site performance metrics
- Responsible for creating, publishing and analyzing test plans and analytical
- Measure, test and improve our site conversion rate, and promote a good user experience
- Write specs for new features and functionality
- Collaborate with team members to create landing pages, conversion funnels that work with different channels and traffic
- Manage the day-to-day site and system issues that come up for your website, including identifying small quick opportunities for improvements or filing requests for bug resolutions
Qualifications / Experience:
- BA/BS Degree in Marketing, Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related degree
- 4-6 years of experience with web analytics, site optimization tools, methods and site testing
- Prior experience in website conversion optimization ideal
- Must be an outstanding communicator and be comfortable interacting with a diverse group of technical and non-technical individuals
- Must have experience with mobile websites
- Excellent analytical and statistical skills
- Project management skills
- Results-oriented self-starter who can operate under minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to manage effectively within a matrix organization and to lead and participate effectively on cross-functional teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong attention to detail
- Creative and resourceful problem solver
- Ability to write and communicate functional specifications
- Strong leadership skills, including teamwork and facilitation
- Be an Innovative thinker
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.