LOS ANGELES, CA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest analytics jobs around!
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with Futuredontics in their search for a Director, Marketing Analytics & Intelligence based in Los Angeles.
Remember the last time you moved to a new area and had to find a new dentist?
What did you do? Ask a friend for a referral? Look in the phonebook? Google “dentist”? According to the ADA, there are nearly 175,000 dental practices in the USA. Orphan dental patients are HUGE business, and the competition for new patients is ferocious.
Helping people find a new dentist is what Futuredontics is all about.
As America’s leading provider of dental marketing services and software, Futuredontics sells websites to its member dentists, along with reputation management tools, reputation monitoring tools, and patient activator (which is a patient communication tool where dentists can manage their email campaigns).
Since 1986, Futuredontics has been dedicated exclusively to dentistry, developing powerful products and resources that help dentists thrive in the digital world. The firm’s flagship product, 1-800-DENTIST, has delivered over 8 million new patient leads to dental practices nationwide.
Additionally, Futuredontics offers an extensive library of dental marketing resources including in-depth whitepapers, webinars and videos. With unlimited live customer support and the largest dental website in North America, Futuredontics has become an extremely cost effective way for dental practices to grow their patient base year after year.
Take a look …
About the Role
Frankly, one of the major issues facing 1-800-Dentist is that its marketing reporting is not as robust as it could be. (As ecommerce recruiters, we hear this all the time.) Currently at 1-800-Dentist there’s a lot of manual reporting, and your job will be to design, build, and automate insightful marketing reports.
Additionally, there are several projects in the pipeline, including one involving the Facebook API. In this role, you’ll be working with 1-800-Dentist’s Facebook program manager plus an IT person to build the right API to optimize the company’s relationship with Facebook’s platform.
This role will involve an updating of 1-800-Dentist’s geo-targeting efforts, and as geo-targeting solutions are indented and tested, it will be up to you to create a process where the program manager can geo-target with relevant data.
You’ll be partnering with the website manager for reporting and analysis of A/B testing, as well as building complete reports on website performance as well as supporting the team on how it can better optimize the site for conversions. The site runs Omniture and GA, and you’ll be taking the lead on how to best implement and leverage these tools for the business.
Higher quality, more timely data is the name of the game – for both internal and external stakeholders. For example, 1-800-Dentist’s search vendor needs accurate data quickly to help them understand how to optimize their Adwords bids. Your days will be spent sifting through performance data, and when you are not generating reports & analysis, you’ll be coaching your colleagues on how to make more analytically sound decisions in their jobs.
We want you to take the lead on understanding the data: How should 1-800-Dentist capture and leverage data to move the business forward? What data is required to grease the wheels between marketing, membership, and even call center operations?
This is a leadership role with a focus on media lift analysis, forecasting, website analytics, trend analysis, and mining data for Futuredontics’ 2-sided marketplace to uncover opportunities to drive incremental revenue. You will be the key driver to define data structure, tracking and optimization of marketing campaigns and conversion funnels.
You’ll be leading the charge in terms of data collection, data accuracy, and more high level analytical analysis that will drive business in the right direction. Meaning, your job is to build the right framework for testing and reporting.
As usual, I spent nearly an hour on the phone with this role’s hiring manager and I’m sitting on a mountain of proprietary intelligence about Futuredontics, its markets, its customers, and this role. You definitely don’t want to apply for this job without those things, so hit me up by text at 404-281-2025. Otherwise, simply apply using the link below.
We look forward to working with you!
- Establish analytics dashboards and automated reports with KPIs to support data-driven business decisions.
- Partner with marketing managers to measure campaign performance leveraging the right attribution models, identify trends, forecast future performance, and present findings and recommendations to the team.
- Work closely with Technology team and other key stakeholders to ensure appropriate data capture, infrastructure and integrity
- Manage/work with 3rd party vendors such as analytics vendors, Facebook API, bid management platform, media agency etc.
- Perform data extraction, analysis and QC using SQL, SAS, R or other languages/tools as available.
- Time-series analysis and forecasting
- Ability to leverage various data sources (external and internal) to do deep dive analyses and paint a holistic picture.
- Identify measurement plan, key success metrics, and reporting for new campaigns and recommend the right tools for measurement.
- BA/BS in Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Marketing or Economics (MBA is a plus)
- 5-8 years’ experience in business/marketing analytics function
- High proficiency with MS Excel, SQL, MS Access, Google Analytics, Omniture, Tableau, R a plus
- Experience with statistical analysis and building statistical/economic models (e.g., regression, experiment design, hypothesis testing).
- Knowledge of marketing mix analysis, fractional / probabilistic attribution.
- Expertise and knowledge in testing methodologies such as A/B, multivariate etc.
- Understanding of data management and warehousing.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to tackle challenging problems autonomously with positive attitude in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive with the ability to work independently on multiple assigned projects with limited supervision.
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.