DULUTH, GA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest Atlanta ecommerce jobs around!
We are working with Savoy House Lighting in their search for an Ecommerce Account Specialist based in Duluth, GA.
Savoy House is wholly owned by Progressive Lighting — the largest chain of residential lighting showrooms in the Southeastern United States. As a family-owned business with a 45-year history, Progressive Lighting has a national reputation for stylish and unique lighting fixtures, superior value, and unparalleled customer service. The company operates retail locations in Georgia, Texas, and North Carolina, under both the Progressive Lighting and Lee Lighting brand names.
As Progressive Lighting’s flagship residential brand, Savoy House has been lighting homes for more than 10 years, offering wholesalers a full catalog of elegant, high-quality lighting and accessories for the home. With central distribution from Duluth, Georgia, Savoy House is available nationwide through many of the finest lighting showrooms in the U.S. As a member of the American Lighting Association, Savoy House’s products include entry lighting, chandeliers, bath lighting solutions, wall sconces, ceiling lighting and ceiling fans, pendants, and island lighting.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: Savoy House seeks an Ecommerce Account Specialist to works with its Sales Team in managing and growing the brand’s ecommerce clientele. As the firm’s Ecommerce Account Specialist, your primary responsibility will be to manage the brand’s sales initiatives for online operations in accordance with corporate guidelines, and you’ll be responsible for growing ecom sales in the most profitable way possible. And you’ll be instrumental in the development and implementation of online sales and marketing programs, both for existing and potential new customers.
The premise of this job is fairly simple:
As a branded manufacturer of world-class lighting, Savoy House sells its products through online retailers such as Wayfair, LightingDirect.com, LampsPlus.com, Lumens, and many others. We have recruited for some of these online retailers, and they are excellent. Additionally, some of Savoy House’s clients sell through Amazon – which is not to say that Savoy House has an interest in doing that itself.
Your job will be to manage the online flow of the firm’s products in a FAIR, profitable, growth oriented, and brand accretive way.
To win in this role, you will need first-rate ecommerce sales experience and a knowledge of direct to consumer ecommerce. In a perfect world (… we realize the world is not a perfect place …), you would have a deep knowledge of pure play ecommerce for the lighting category as well as experience working with the ALA Data Sheet, which is the nuts and bolts pricing model for all lighting SKUs.
The firm’s ecommerce business is growing rapidly.
So rapidly, in fact, that there aren’t enough hours in the day for the existing team to manage its exploding ecommerce business. While the bulk of Savoy House’s business still transacts through brick-and-mortar stores, there’s no denying the growth potential and strategic importance of the digital channel.
Savoy House’s Management has built very strong relationships with a number of key accounts, but there are many channels through which the firm doesn’t sell, and that opportunity is ripe for development. On a typical day, your job will involve assessing anything that may be a violation of IMAP pricing levels, as well as making contact by phone to existing and potential accounts to improve how Savoy House’s products are merchandised on partner sites.
Imagine calling Wayfair to say “Hey, we’ve got a great chandelier promotion this month. What’s involved in working this through you?” That’s just one small example of the kinds of things you be doing. We would expect you to make stuff happen – and at some point you can count on making periodic visits to these accounts to build relationships and see for yourself what’s going on the market.
This job ain’t rocket science.
But it will involve a healthy dose of street smarts and the moxie to grow the business. With your clients, we would expect you to tease out issues like …
- What are Savoy House’s clients’ critical business problems, issues, and needs to buy?
- How should I best communicate the brand’s value and differentiation in helping the client solve their business problems?
- How can I help my clients understand the impact of Savoy House’s lighting to their overall merchandise mix?
- What is no one doing for my client that Savoy House should do immediately?
- Why, specifically, is Savoy House not getting the business – and what can we do about that?
- What are my numbers likely to be this week, month, quarter? How can I improve them?
- And more. Use your imagination.
In my home office I have nearly a dozen books on sales and sales management. And that’s really what this role is — Large account management. There’s a right way and a wrong way to manage ecommerce wholesale accounts, and I’m happy to influence your thinking on that as it pertains to ecommerce wholesale accounts. Lots of my own clients go to market through the ecom channel, and I’m well acquainted with best practices in this space.
If you’re interested in this role, this is a great growth opportunity. For more information on this position, hit me up at 404-281-2025. TEXT “[your name] + Savoy House.” Alternatively, apply using the link below. Either way, we’d love to hear from you. We’ve got tons of information on this client, this industry, and this role to share with highly qualified candidates.
The Ecommerce Account Specialist will be responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction, and various kinds of administrative functions, including but not limited to the job duties listed below …
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop knowledge of ecommerce business processes.
- Must be dedicated, ethical, professional and a true team player.
- Develop strong relationships with existing customers while expanding E-customer base.
- Prepare and maintain contractual agreements with ecommerce customers.
- Help in implementing marketing plans that explain how the ecommerce proposals will increase company business and create a company brand loyalty.
- Assist in managing and monitoring the company’s ecommerce strategies as they are being implemented. This includes drawing up a schedule for Internet/Email campaigns, internal promotions, and monitoring accounts for IMAP compliance.
- Creation and management of internal customer data base.
- Manages and maintains company database while concurrently running promotions.
- Development of ecommerce budget, monitoring costs, providing status reports to upper management and incorporating feedback.
- Facilitate feedback from customers to assist with online sales initiatives and improves processes.
- Resolve any customer complaints in a friendly, courteous manner.
- Provide input and ideas into marketing enterprises and subsequently promote them and monitor responses.
- Prepares proposals, agreements, sales reports, and presentations.
- Collects, analyzes, and evaluate information in order to increase productivity of sales.
- Attends network and promotional events to develop and maintain contact with potential clients and professional bodies.
Skills and Specifications:
- Exhibit strong skills in MS Office, Excel, Outlook, Word, and Access.
- Excellent polite communication skills.
- Passionate, hard worker and well organized professional with power to prioritize and multitask.
- Exert sound judgment, discretion and preserve confidentiality.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Good liaison with all other department members.
- Able to operate in different work conditions such as on-site or off site environments.
- Demonstrate strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Excellent organizational, detail orientation, and time management skills.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Kelley Newsome. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Kelley for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.