NEW YORK CITY – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest NY marketing Jobs around!
We are working with PexCard in their search for a world-class Digital Campaign Manager, Search & Paid Social based in New York City.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: The day of this search’s kickoff call, I needed gas for my Honda Odyssey. So on the way to pick up my kids from school, I pulled into a convenience store. Thirsty, I ran inside for a 20 oz Diet Mountain Dew. In line with me were 3 guys who had piled out of a refueling landscaping truck to come inside to buy an arm load of chips, sodas, and a pickled pigs foot. When it was their turn to pay, the shift supervisor put the entire purchase on his credit card.
My guess is that their company paid for the whole thing — chips and all.
As the owner of a small business, that got my attention. I’m a pretty nice guy, but I’m not inclined to “foot” the bill on such purchases. I would have paid for the fuel — but the snacks? Normally, no. Which brings me to the concept behind the PEX Card.
Founded in 2007, PEX Card is a business prepaid card company launched specifically to help companies streamline employee expense management. As the prepaid card industry’s first turnkey commercial card program, the PEX Prepaid Visa Card program provides customers with online tools for budgeting and controlling prefunded deposits that employees use for daily spending. PEX Card can limit transactions by category, size, and geography. Very cool.
Through business prepaid card transactions, the PEX Card Service provides visibility into cash flow while simultaneously maximizing oversight and managing risk. With 24/7 access from computers or mobile devices anywhere, administrators can control purchases by all approved cardholders — so business owners don’t end up paying for maverick outlays.
A quick rundown of PEX Card’s benefits include:
- Integration: Companies can leverage the PEX API for custom implementations that tie right into expense management systems.
- Upfront pricing: Unlike cards for consumer use, PEX Cards come with no fees beyond the monthly maintenance — and even that is waived for heavy users.
- Streamlined reporting: Where traditional reporting means financial officers need to collect receipts, put together reconciliations and generate reports, PEX Card’s streamlined reporting allows financial officers to instantly see the expenses and generate automated responses.
- Petty cash made easy: The process of dispensing cash can be complex and carries risks. By switching to the PEX card, employers make paying for fuel and food expenses easier.
Rated A+ by the BBB, PEX Card has gotten loads of press in media outlets like The Street, USA Today, Inc., Business2Community, TechCrunch, and more. These folks actually have 15K likes on Facebook. When’s the last time you “liked” a debit card on Facebook? (Never, right?)
It’s a great time to be a prepaid debit card provider.
Since 2010 the industry has enjoyed strong growth as the U.S. economy’s slow recovery actually played to this industry’s strength: For small-to-midsized businesses, the Durbin Amendment drove up banking fees which made prepaid cards more attractive. Additionally, growth in online retail purchases by SMBs have stoked demand for prepaid cards in order to complete online transactions. Through 2020 industry revenue is expected to grow at an average annual rate of 10.2% to $9.2 billion. Giddy up!
About the Role
Under the direct supervision of the VP, Digital Marketing, the Digital Campaign Manager, Search & Paid Social is responsible for the development and execution paid inbound digital marketing campaigns and organic search engine optimization. The job requires experience with all facets of search engine marketing including PPC and SEO, as well as acquisition-oriented media planning and buying.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in implementing and supporting web analytics systems and campaign reporting. The Digital Campaign Manager, Search & Paid Social is a problem solver and has a proven ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and manage agency relationships.
Sounds like a great gig, right?
As usual, we have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. (My industry research for this assignment exceeds 50 pages!)
The right person for this position will have an entrepreneurial spirit and have a great agility with numbers. Moreover, we’re looking for someone who will be challenged by PEX Card’s efforts in the area of multichannel, multitouch customer acquisition. In the debit card space, the customer acquisition landscape changes daily, and what worked yesterday (or even this morning!) might not work 10 minutes from now.
That’s why it’s essential that PEX Card’s new Digital Campaign Manager, Search & Paid Social continuously evolve their PPC and SEO strategies. PEX Card’s culture is all about testing and learning and relentlessly improving in the process.
If you have the passion for online marketing and a strong desire to work in an entrepreneurial culture, this is definitely the job for you. For more info, hit me up below!
- Pay Per Click Search Engine Marketing – Develop and execute PPC campaigns on the Google and Bing networks and manage agency resources. Includes staying up to date on the latest changes in search platforms, developing campaign ideas, writing ad text, setting up all necessary tracking and campaign reporting.
- Organic Search Engine Optimization – Be the resident subject matter expert on organic search engine marketing with a deep understanding of SEO best practices. Stay up to date on the latest changes in the SERPs and identify opportunities to improve PEX Card’s visibility. Identify and manage external resources to improve organic search traffic. Develop and manage a long-term roadmap for site enhancements and content development to improve rankings and traffic.
- Paid Social Media Advertising – Develop PPC campaigns for Facebook, LindkedIn, and Twitter to promote content and drive leads. Requires detailed understanding of how ad formats and platforms can be leveraged along with targeting to maximize ROAS (return on ad spend).
- Display Advertising – Develop lead-gen display campaigns through a variety of targeting platforms leveraging programmatic ad buys. Collaborate with agency resources to develop media plans, test scenarios and creative treatments.
- Web Analytics Support – Map out web analytics requirements and help support implementation and ongoing maintenance and changes. Includes campaign tracking, custom dashboard creation, event tracking, and tag management. Stay up-to-date on latest changes and opportunities within Google Analytics.
- Testing and Optimization – Perform A/B and multivariate testing on landing pages and creative formats to continually optimize lead gen efforts.
- Reporting – Develop comprehensive dashboards to report on program performance.
- Maintains user confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATION
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field.
- 5-7 years experience managing SEM, SEO, and banner ad programs.
- 2-3 years experience with paid social media platforms including management of paid Facebook campaigns.
- 5-7 years experience supporting web analytics platforms
- Strong oral communication and writing skills.
- Advanced reporting, Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
- Quantitative and detail-oriented with a strong desire to continually improving campaign performance.
- Technology-savvy, with keen interest in emerging technologies including marketing automation, personalization strategies, CRM systems and sales processes.
PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATION
- Ad agency experience.
- BA or MS degree in Marketing or Statistics, Mathematics.
- AdWords and Google Analytics Certifications preferred.
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.