LOS ANGELES, CA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest Assist. VP Marketing jobs around!
We are working with Transamerica in their search for an AVP, Enterprise Digital based in sunny Los Angeles. Perhaps you’re seen their ads on TV …
HARRY’S COMMENTS: It’s amazing to think that since May 2013, Transamerica has become (by far) our largest client, and we’ve managed 19 or their searches within that time frame. Much more astounding still is what Transamerica’s VP of Digital Strategy, Anthony Ginn, and his team have accomplished since his arrival that spring.
Transamerica ended last year as one of the top financial brand in terms of online engagement, and it just surpassed the 500K mark on its Facebook fan page. Transamerica has more FB fans than Fidelity, Vanguard, Schwab, Allstate, and Prudential — which is quite an accomplishment, given the vast amount of mainstream brand recognition those companies have.
Thanks to Anthony’s team, @Transamerica was the first financial brand to trend nationwide on Twitter — a feat they’ve accomplished 12 times now. The firm has reached over 2 million people on Twitter, once surpassing the Golden Globes nominations. Transamerica was the first ever financial brand on Tumblr and Redditt, and it was the fastest growing financial brand on Pinterest last year. Plus, its Linkedin page has nearly 29K subscribers.
According to Anthony, “We just won an award for our Tumblr feed, and we’ve earned more than 4 million total YouTube views. Our Google traffic is reaching new highs all the time, and we’ve seen massive increases in our social share of voice. We’re on a roll. There’s never been a better time to join our team.”
But all this growth has created a giant spike in demand for sophisticated, integrated, data-driven digital marketing across the entire company. This increase calls for smart, driven marketing pros who know how to operate in a lean environment. Beyond all the work that is being done in social, Transamerica has TONS of websites – some of which will play a critical role in the company’s future. (Some of which won’t.)
About the Role
This role will be about developing and driving the social, content, and data science strategies for the Enterprise Group, making them work better with the rest of the company. You will act as a strategic driver of the Enterprise Digital Team’s initiatives by developing and driving strategy across these groups; owning critical business initiatives and establishing a vision and roadmap for various digital opportunities at an enterprise level.
This role will have direct budget, team management, planning and tactical execution responsibility for multiple teams within the Enterprise Digital Team. Meaning, YOU will develop and drive digital strategy across these groups — ensuring coordination and collaboration with the overall departmental enterprise strategy as well as business/divisional and product objectives.
This is a REALLY important job!
You’ll need an 80/20 mentality towards getting things done. We’d expect you to understand how to balance paid media; owned media; and earned media to improve Transamerica’s traction across multiple customer cohorts with multiple devices during multiple dayparts. Every day, you’ll find yourself brainstorming with colleagues to develop solutions to prickly marketing challenges involving social, content, and analytics. These folks will be looking to you for leadership in these areas.
Is this role right for you?
The role is perfect for a smart, process-oriented digital marketing visionary who has driven innovation in the social space and has managed content and analytics at the enterprise level in the past. Transamerica Digital is essentially a startup, with its own small company culture and electric vibe.
Anthony’s Digital Group is comprised of some of the smartest, most relatable and forward-thinking marketers in LA. Like them, you’ll need to have phenomenal digital marketing chops along with a positive outlook on life. Also like them, you’ll need to be (somewhat) high-energy and very positive-outcome oriented. In a perfect world, you’d have deep responsive / mobile experience and be very comfortable working in lean agile environment.
If any of this describes you, please apply below!
- Developing and driving social strategy across the enterprise ensuring coordination and collaboration with a cohesive vision that rolls up to the overall departmental enterprise strategy as well as business/divisional and product strategies and objectives.
- Managing, strategizing, and coaching the content groups to develop content that drives consumer and customer engagement. It’s all about showing the value digital is adding to the enterprise — as well as tracking the customer experience across multiple channels.
- Manage, visualize, and strategize with digital data science to show the value of everything we do to the rest of enterprise.
- Increasing customer engagement across multiple digital channels, platforms and experiences to achieve overall enterprise, business and divisional strategy and objectives.
- Contributing to the development and management of the enterprise digital roadmap
- Developing, coaching, and mentoring various digital teams in strategizing, ideation, crowd-sourcing, vendor management and IT development as well as evangelizing campaign best practices and tactical execution training
- Supervising and managing teams according to department goals and objectives
- Supporting the Department Head and standing in for him and making the call on behalf of the Department Head when necessary
- Developing, driving, and overseeing digital strategies, campaigns and tactics that leverage various digital channels to achieve a successful delivery of our online brand strategy.
- Leading and driving the success of complex digital initiatives spanning multiple internal and external groups and directly manage digital projects across cross-functional teams, from discovery to execution.
- For the digital groups managed, maintaining responsibility for budget management, planning, governance, vendor oversight, project and people tracking.
- Leading and contributing to continuous digital and data improvements across digital properties (inclusive but not limited to optimization opportunities based on insights and analytics, campaign execution across various digital channels, user experience and customer experience, creative development and execution needed for successful execution of campaign ideation and driving efficiencies across web and mobile.
- Providing digital thought leadership, including identification of innovative tools and technologies that demonstrate market leadership, advance technological capabilities, improve efficiencies and are focused on enhancing user-experience.
- Performing other duties as assigned based on divisional needs.
- Conforming with and abiding by all regulations, policies, work procedures, instruction, and all safety rules.
- Exhibiting regular, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 6-8 years of established industry thought leadership in digital marketing in-house or agency with expert level knowledge of channels like social
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading past digital strategy experiences with the ability to quantify and qualify past business cases
- Past experience successfully driving consumer/customer engagement, managing teams and creating significant business value at an enterprise, divisional and product level.
- Experience leading multi-faceted digital initiatives across an enterprise organization including strategy development, execution and partner and internal management
- History of understanding technology behind digital and the development requirements needed to successful launch and manage digital channels
- Data driven / quantitative personality
- Results driven working style combined with ability to collaborate with professions across all levels of the organization who may not be digitally savvy and being able to communicate successfully at all levels to drive the digital strategy
- Demonstrated experience working at a start-up with a dynamic, entrepreneurial and fast paced organization
- Ability to translate strategy into technical development
- Ability to motivate teams including those that don’t report into you and thrive in a matrix organization
- Experience and desire to collaborate and partner with individuals across lines of business, functional areas and different levels of an organization in order to achieve objectives
- Leader defined as much by their quantitative success as their relationship success
- Strong teamwork, leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with multitude of digital tools in market place across social, web etc.
- Financial services experience a plus
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.