GREENSBORO, NC – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest content jobs around!
We are working with VF Jeanswear in their search for a Digital Content Producer for Wrangler based in Greensboro, NC. You may not be familiar with VF Corporation, but chances are that you know their brands quite well. From The North Face® jackets to Timberland® boots, VF outfits people of all walks of life. In fact, the firm has more than 30 brands that serve consumers around the world.
Organized in 1899, VF has grown to be a global leader in branded lifestyle apparel and footwear with over 59,000 associates. VF’s businesses and brands are organized into five “coalitions:” Outdoor & Action Sports, Jeanswear, Imagewear, Sportswear and Contemporary Brands. While VF is highly diversified across brands, products, distribution channels and geographies, its one-company approach to doing business provides a unique and powerful competitive advantage.
Investors love it, that’s for sure.
VF’s five largest brands are The North Face®, Vans®, Wrangler®, Timberland®, and Lee®. Other brands include 7 For All Mankind®, Bulwark®, Eagle Creek®, Eastpak®, Ella Moss®, JanSport®, Kipling®, lucy®, Majestic®, Napapijri®, Nautica®, Red Kap®, Reef®, Riders®, Splendid® and SmartWool®. Ring any bells?
Here are a few quick facts about the company …
- 30+ brands
- 59K+ associates around the world
- 150 countries worldwide
- $12.3 billion in revenue
- 115 years of achievements and growth
- No. 1 manufacturer of denim
- 1,400 owned retail stores
- $1.2B returned to shareholders in 2014
- 1.3M units of apparel and footwear produced every day
About the Role
The Digital Content Producer leads the content initiatives surrounding creative evolution, technical execution, and maintenance for Wrangler.com ecommerce efforts. You will support the Wrangler ecommerce department by driving awareness, facilitating engagement, and generating incremental sales and brand loyalty through a range of digital and ecommerce content-driven platforms. As the brand’s Digital Content Producer, you will lead all content marketing program and be the firm’s content creator in chief.
This role will develop, manage and implement all web content and online initiatives to support the ecommerce goals of driving revenue online and deepening consumer engagement. You will drive innovation and efficiency with new ways to reach customer segments including current and emerging technologies. Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to establish and grow Wrangler’s editorially focused content marketing program to reach a broader audience while building a vibrant community. The Wrangler team is doing some really cool things to market the business, and you’ll have lots of talented folks to work with …
We can’t stress enough that we will expect you to be a total expert in the Adobe creative suite. You’ll be doing lots of hands-on work, especially initially. Therefore, it’s essential that you have at least five years of creative development experience, primarily in Adobe.
BOTTOM LINE: The ideal candidate for this role will be a bit of a one-person-band, jack-of-all-trades, nerd for all things creative and technical, who loves being part of all facets of production and post-production. You’ll need to be especially passionate about designing web pages that are visually appealing and highly usable, and you should be comfortable developing creative using existing assets or developing original content by yourself or through agency partners. (Experience with digital creative in the apparel space is desired but not necessary.)
If you think you’re up to these tasks, we’d love to hear from you. Apply below!
- 5 years online creative development and execution experience
- Superlative editorial and storytelling abilities using words, images, video, and audio; seeing stories from ideation stage through publication
- Demonstrable understanding of how to create content that draws an audience; knowledge of digital best practices: how to craft shareable, viral content and write SEO-friendly headlines
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Premiere, and Photoshop.
- Clear articulation of the business goals behind creating a piece or a series of content
- Familiarity with WordPress, Google Docs, and basic web publishing processes.
- Working knowledge of HTML and Photoshop.
- Experience working with CMS tools and segmentation
- Self-starter with ability to work smartly and independently when required, completely owning high-profile, high visibility multimedia projects without necessarily having granular oversight
- Ability to work seamlessly as part of a large and growing team, with effective communication skills, and experience navigating appropriate corporate communication protocol
- Ability to multi-task, project-manage, and execute simultaneous high profile external-facing production projects, and seamlessly transition between managing the project and hands-on execution of creation/edits in progress
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, with multiple stakeholders, to create awesome multimedia content across the Wrangler brand
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience managing or contributing to a social media program
- Knowledge in creative Apple platforms, including Final Cut Pro, and ancillary software (Compressor, Motion) is desirable
- Advanced technical expertise in all aspects of production and post-production workflow, including best practices for data management/DAMS, DSLR workflow, Apple MacPro and related hardware, and ancillary technical software related to post-production encoding, compressing, publishing, and industry best-practices for relevant emerging and legacy technologies
- Knowledge and some proficiency in After Effects is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
- Proactive and innovative, flexible in a dynamic environment, remains calm under pressure
- Strong organizational skills and be able to work effectively under deadlines while managing concurrent projects
- Positive, upbeat, can-do, professional and responsible attitude, independent and self-directed yet also team oriented
- Knowledge of digital commerce revenue streams
- Demonstrated leadership managing people
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strategic, operational and technical marketing and management skills
- Rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
- Excellent communication, leadership, problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to elicit cooperation from senior management and other departments
- Other preferred competencies include financial management skills, business management and developmental skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Art, Graphics Design, Journalism, Communications, or other relevant field
- Additional experience may be substituted for a completed degree
Years of Relevant Work Experience
- 5 years as a creative director, producer and/or project management experience
- PMI certification a plus
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.