NEW YORK CITY – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest NY ecommerce jobs around!
We are working with Kahn Lucas in their search for a world-class Ecommerce Marketing Manager based in New York, New York — the town so nice they named it twice. If you have a little girl in your life, there’s a VERY high likelihood that you know this company by its flagship doll brand, Madame Alexander.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: When I told Vivian, my 8 year old daughter, that we’re managing a search for Madame Alexander, she freaked. (As an ecommerce recruiter, that’s when you know you’ve “made it.”)
Founded by Beatrice Alexander more than 90 years ago, Madame Alexander has immortalized iconic female characters from history and pop culture in a signature style that has been adored by generations of girls. And even though the brand has incredibly vital roots, the brand continues to change with the times. Check it out …
Clearly, this company is not resting on its laurels.
The basic premise behind this role is simple: Your job is to grow Madame Alexander and Dollie & Me through the hands-on execution of all things digital marketing — including email, SEM, SEO, display advertising, online merchandising, and mobile. Your responsibilities will include strategic planning, category management, merchandising, creative development, and conversion rate optimization. Pretty much everything. You’ll develop and oversee the promotional calendar for both brands, and you’ll will work with external partners on SEM/ SEO marketing as well as ongoing site enhancements.
Kahn Lucas’ digital team is small (but growing), which will give you an opportunity to learn a lot and do a lot. We’ll expect you to understand web technology up to an intermediate level (graphics, browsers, etc), plus you’ll need an advanced knowledge of paid search, CSE’s, email marketing, mobile commerce, and project management.
Yes, project management.
With so much work to do, will expect you to have solid organizational skills plus a well-developed ability to prioritize — both your work, and your agencies’ work. Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication chops are mandatory. You’ll need to be resourceful and have a refined ability to work independently and solve problems proactively. Self-motivated learners with a natural curiosity for evolving technologies will do well here.
If that appeals to you, then we’d love to hear from you! Apply below.
- Support Director of Ecommerce in managing all aspects of Ecommerce including day-to-day email, homepage, marketing, content, and promotional planning and executions for Madame Alexander & Dollie & Me.
- Continuously gauge usability and content effectiveness by gathering and analyzing data to make recommendations based on those results.
- Develop and run a rigorous A/B testing program on websites, emails, etc.
- Monitor and report metrics on customer satisfaction
- Identify and communicate opportunities for optimization, profitability growth, and improvements.
- Work cross-functionally with IT, external development partners, and SEM/SEO agencies to drive new traffic to the sites and improve the shopping experience.
- Work with IT and external developers to ensure production deadlines are being communicated and met and daily workflow process is optimized.
- Work with QA to ensure site accuracy and availability.
- Manage customer reviews, FAQs and coordinate with customer service and operations teams.
- Manage ongoing site updates via Magento Enterprise suite, including updating merchandise assortment, creative, and other site elements.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree, in Business, Marketing, Communication, Technology, or related field preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience web marketing/ecommerce business experience in D2C environment.
- Previous experience managing paid media (SEM social, display, etc) highly preferred.
- Strong background in SEO and Organic Search preferred.
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task; Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Thorough understanding of website metrics, data analysis, and reporting tools and basic financial concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to lead self and maintain a professional demeanor, exhibit poise under all conditions, work effectively in a small team environment, build effective and respectful interpersonal relationships and be an effective role model for the team.
- Solid mathematical skills – Ability to calculate figures such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Knowledge of Magento, Google Analytics, Google Adwords, highly preferred.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.