WARRENDALE, PA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest Online Merchandising jobs around!
We are working with Rue21 in their search for a Director of Online Merchandising based in Warrendale, PA. This is a terrifically cool online merchandising job.
The Director of eCommerce Merchandising will be responsible for leading a team focused on site taxonomy, managing the online merchandising strategy, planning, implementing, and operational management of eCommerce.
- Drive integrated collaboration and strategy execution across retail and eCommerce business team as well as IT, Operations, and Merchandising to achieve business objectives
- Lead the selection and coordination of eCommerce merchandise buys in partnership with the SVP/GMM for the chain
- Review performance and initiatives and alignment with marketing and group merchandising to ensure delivery against stated sales and margin targets
- Partner with finance to provide financial support through planning and forecasting to creating the 3 year strategic vision and plan in terms of revenue and capital projects and EBITDA return
- Coordinate with Marketing and Visual Merchandise teams to develop strategies for sales promotions and marketing messages; and communicate all strategies to the eCommerce Merchandise team
- Partner with the Site Production Director to develop the site taxonomy to include: category pages, product detail pages, digital content assets, associated products, and on-site search results.
- Ensure customers can easily find the product they seek and discover related products through search and cross/up-sells – using the Oracle ATG Business Control Center and Endeca toolset
- Work with Planning and Allocation to determine availability of merchandise flowing to stores and ensure this product is well presented across the site
- Report weekly to communicate which products are on-hand at the eCommerce Distribution Center that are unavailable for sale due to missing image, content, category, and pricing, to their assigned content producers
- Complete all projects and related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree and MBA preferred or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years’ experience in retail including site merchandising and planning
- 4+ years’ prior managerial/supervisory experience
- Proven ability to work with and influence senior management in a related field or in management consulting
- Prior specialty retail eCommerce experience preferred
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, and presentation skills
- Ability to operate independently while establishing strong working relationships with co-workers and cross-functional teams
- Ability to adapt well to change in direction and priority in a fast- paced and deadline-oriented environment
THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)