DORAL, FL – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here.
For professional consulting, interim executive, and project-based assistance please visit EcommerceConsulting.com.
This is one of the coolest content jobs around …
We are working with HeatandCool.com in their search for a Content Manager based in Doral, Florida. It’s a lovely place.
HeatAndCool.com is one of America’s largest online distributors of HVAC products and one of Inc. magazine’s fastest growing private companies. The firm specializes in sourcing and installing the world’s best HVAC systems at the lowest possible prices. HeatAndCool.com offers unparalleled bilingual service and technical support. Plus, unlike other HVAC distributors, HeatandCool.com assists its customers and technicians with complicated technical issues that may arise before, during, and after installation.
Evidently, it’s this level of service that has led to some pretty awesome fanboy videos being posted on YouTube. Check out this smokin’ hawt heavy medal guitar ode to HeatandCool.com …
HARRY’S COMMENTS: HeatandCool.com is a $6 million Florida company that sells heating and air-conditioning systems online. 90% of their products are private labeled under the name Klimaire. You can find Klimaire products for sale on Sears, NewEgg, BestBuy.com, eBay, and Amazon.
The long term goal of the company is simple (but not easy):
To offer the most user-friendly site on the web that would allow DIY and DIFM customers to enter their ZIP codes and HVAC particulars, and the site would instantly spit out exactly what customers need and prompt them to schedule a local installer (who’d be part of a national network) who would install or service the product faster, cheaper, and with fewer errors than anyone else.
That’s HeatandCool.com’s dream, and so far no company large or small has cracked the code. But HeatandCool.com is on the right track, and there’s no denying the intelligence of the management team nor the magnitude of the market opportunity.
The US plumbing and HVAC contractors industry includes about 93,000 establishments (single-location companies or units of multi-location companies) with combined annual revenue of about $130 billion. The actual HVAC equipment component of this market is $60 billion, and not many companies are having an impact in terms of advancing, HVAC units are bought and installed.
The HVAC industry is very complex …
… and it’s difficult to integrate an online marketplace that involves brokers, resellers, manufactures, contractors, and installers. HeatandCool.com has a wonderful vision for tackling that opportunity. The firm has been around for nearly 30 years, and its founder has very deep relationships with suppliers, vendors, and factories in Asia. Getting a supply of private labeled product is not a problem. HeatandCool.com’s the management team consists of engineers, and they are a first name basis with all of their suppliers.
Because HeatandCool.com is vertically integrated, it has a huge pricing advantage against its competitors. HVAC systems costing upwards of $6000 can be sold profitably by HeatandCool.com for as little as $2000. Evidence of this pricing advantage can be seen in nearly every aspect of the client’s online business.
About the Role
This is an excellent opportunity for a bright, up-and-coming content marketer to establish an end to end content marketing function for the company. Meaning, you will be responsible for planning, brainstorming, creating, distributing, managing, and measuring every piece of content the company will use to build its business.
The buck will START and STOP with you.
Imagine: How people will perceive HeatandCool’s brand … How many people will know HeatandCool exists … Whether leads convert to sales … Whether HeatandCool’s customers become return customers … What people say – or don’t say – to their colleagues about HeatandCool … ALL of this will be in your hands.
Naturally, doing this will require that you spend time in HeatandCool’s customer support function getting to know customers intimately, and then working with HeatandCool’s management team to determine a “personality” for the brand. As you spend time with HeatandCool’s customers, you’ll be learning about …
- The types of questions they ask when they call in
- What they like (and don’t like) about HeatandCool’s offerings
- What they’re interested in knowing more about
- What they fear, what makes them mad, and what their frustrations are
- The kinds of content they like to consume
- The appropriate style, voice and personality of HeatandCool’s brand
- Their interests and what they want to talk about
- Specific vernacular they use to describe their issues
- How they do research and make purchase decisions, and
- Their favorite social networks, and where they hang out online
Once you’ve gotten to know HeatandCool’s customers, you’ll be expected to communicate with them in a crisp, focused way that helps them solve their problems. This role will not involve throwing content at the wall to see what sticks.
At HeatandCool.com, things are managed fairly strategically.
This role will involve working with HeatandCool’s Director of Ecommerce to coordinate your specific campaign objectives with the firm’s overall merchandising calendar. Specific campaign objectives might include selling a certain type of product; acquiring new customers; getting more readers to opt in; building customer loyalty; and more. But hey: If you’re a card-carrying content marketer, you probably know all this stuff already.
Either way, you’ll need to be strategic in how you plan your work, focusing on the high-impact things. For example, the client and I spent a fair amount of time discussing video’s enormous potential for the business. This makes perfect sense given that in the HVAC business, videos that educate / demonstrate are often seen by DIY consumers multiple times before a purchase decision is made. You can imagine what a great resource videos would be for this kind of business, where installers and other DIFM types could consume repair and installation videos on their tablets and smartphones while they are working with an HVAC unit.
BOTTOM LINE: This is a killer content marketing role which will give you the FREEDOM and the RESOURCES necessary to make a real difference to the company’s top line. If that’s appealing to you — then hit us up below.
- Create regular content to be marketed via all inbound channels (social, email, blog, landing pages, etc.).
- Develop the strategy and processes to scale output content.
- Make data-driven decisions to move content forward and hit company goals.
- Serve as an evangelist for HeatandCool’s message, brand, and content through thought leadership and blogging, social media, and speaking.
- Keep the team up-to-date with the latest trends in content marketing.
- Manage content creation agencies and freelancers.
- Build and manage a rich content/editorial calendar that attracts a qualified audience to HeatandCool’s assets (including blog posts, whitepapers, ebooks, reports, webinars, infographics, etc.).
- Manage all channel marketing communications (newsletters, webinars, product notifications, etc.).
- Create blog content and other helpful resources to arm HeatandCool’s channel partners with everything they need to succeed.
- Track the efficiency of all channel marketing projects, and subsequently measure results with other marketers and sales managers. This includes tight alignment with HeatandCool’s channel partners’ account managers internally to ensure consistency.
- Build and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, and potentially additional channels (Snapchat, Instagram, Vine, etc.).
- Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to both spread HeatandCool’s brand and content and links.
- Listen and engage in relevant social discussion about HeatandCool’s competitors, and/or industry, both from existing customers and leads and from brand new audiences that don’t yet know HeatandCool.
- Run regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success, ranging from Twitter chats, to Google+ Hangouts, to LinkedIn conversations, as well as the content and links posted through these and other channels.
- Work alongside other marketers and content producers to help distribute content that educates and entertains our audience.
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence.
- Explore new ways to engage and new social networks to reach our target buyers.
- Manage and build various email lists and campaigns, including the design templates, calls-to-action, and content used in your email sends.
- Collaborate with content marketing and blog contributors to create high-quality content around important, relevant terms.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience.
- Past experience producing content for the web specifically, as well as channel-specific knowledge (blog, SlideShare, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Past experience building audiences either online or offline.
- In-depth knowledge of Content Optimization Systems to blog and produce smart CTAs according to visitor lifecycle stage.
- A dual-minded approach: You’re highly creative and an excellent writer but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions.
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.