NOVATO, CA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest Director Ecommerce jobs around!
We are working with Republic of Tea in their search for a Director of Ecommerce based in Novato, CA — just 28 miles north of San Francisco on US 101. This is a terrifically cool ecommerce job.
The Republic of Tea enriches people’s lives through its premium teas, education and innovation, as it emphasizes a “Sip by Sip Rather Than Gulp by Gulp” lifestyle. Founded in 1992, The Republic of Tea sparked a specialty tea revolution. Today the brand offers an unequaled selection of the highest-quality teas, herbal blends, books and nature-inspired sip ware, available exclusively at specialty retailers throughout the U.S and online at RepublicOfTea.com.
The company’s products have even been featured on HSN …
The Republic of Tea is mindful of how its actions impact the greater community and actively supports worthy organizations like the Whole Planet Foundation, the Prostate Cancer Foundation, Room to Read, Action Against Hunger, The Ethical Tea Partnership, Rainforest Alliance certification and Non-GMO Project verification.
The company offers a competitive salary and benefits including access to a nutritionist, health screening, fitness credit and an annual pair of New Balance shoes. The firm is located in beautiful Hamilton Field in Novato, CA, and its dog-friendly offices are housed in a restored airplane hangar and were designed by a Feng Shui architect.
CANDIDATES: To fully understand what you will need to LAND this job and then CRUSH IT in the role once you do, Harry Joiner spent 147 minutes on the phone with Republic of Tea’s hiring manager. Now at NEXTgig.com, you can access 2251 words of Harry’s personal notes from that call along with his supporting research from IBIS World, Factiva, First Research, and more. To request your log-in credentials to NEXTgig, please TEXT your name to Harry at (404) 281-2025. Here’s just a taste of what you’ll glean from that information …
- How Republic of Tea uses an OLD SCHOOL direct mail tactic to cross-sell its customers — and what its success with this tactic says about its market.
- A rundown of Republic of Tea’s STRENGTHS / WEAKNESSES / OPPORTUNITIES / and THREATS … and what a well-run ecommerce function means to them.
- A look at Republic of Tea’s “slamdunk” customer: Who / What / Where / When / How / and Why she buys.
- The THREE things you absolutely must understand about this business to be successful in this role.
- The primary challenge Republic of Tea faces in selling online — and what YOU can do about it.
- The FOUR main strategies the company will use to grow its revenues.
- The FIVE things the hiring committee would expect to see in the winning candidate’s resume.
- The 18 best practices across six key elements of a Republic of Tea “Voice of the Customer” program that could make this firm tons of money.
- The TOP FIVE things you’ll need to accomplish in your first 100 days on the job to be considered successful in the role.
- And more!
- Develop and execute digital marketing strategies across all direct and digital media channels from concept to launch
- Lead and manage all aspect of digital marketing including SEO/SEM, Affiliate, Remarketing, New Citizen Acquisition, Marketplaces including Amazon and other future channels, Social Media and Email Marketing.
- Develop digital marketing programs to support awareness, customer acquisition, customer retention and development , digital advertising, email marketing, social media and mobile marketing, etc.
- Establish and drive an industry leading ecommerce-merchandising strategy for a multi-category, SKU-intensive product assortment that maximizes EBITDA and exceeds financial goals.
- Develop and execute an on-line only assortment strategy consistent with overall enterprise merchandise strategy.
- Lead and manage all aspect of direct (catalog) marketing
- Manage digital marketing team; set and maintain clear specific, measurable, actionable, reasonable and time related goals for TEAm
- Partner with cross functional ministers to optimize digital marketing effectiveness and support cross channel sales, including operations, citizen services, creative, marketing, and other functions
- Research, business development and launch of new digital marketing programs to better acquire and retain customers.
- Develop digital marketing plan including optimization of existing channels and development and launch of new ones
- Responsible for maintenance of digital marketing budget aligned with overall business objectives and reports on actual, budgeted and forecasted projections
- Provide analytics on effectiveness of all digital marketing channels
- Lead effort for website optimizations and other forms of a/b and multivariate tests associated with digital marketing focused on improving click through and conversion rates
- Provide leadership and partner with digital marketing agencies to maximize overall return
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Marketing and/or Business, MBA preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in digital marketing or marketing analytics
- Experience in digital marketing tools including Email Service Providers, Search Engine Marketing, Google Analytics
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective internal and external relationships, and influence change
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong business, data analysis and interpretation skills
- Extraordinary collaboration skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Self-starter and able to solve medium to complex problems
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.