ENCINITAS, CA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest SaaS jobs around …
We are working with Ecwid (pronounced as “eck-wid”, short for “e-commerce widget”) in its search for a Digital / Performance Marketing Manager based in Encinitas, CA. Ecwid is based two blocks from Moonlight Beach, one of the best “short board” surfing beaches in America.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: Ecwid is a Java-script plugin shopping cart that seamlessly integrates with any website, webpage or social network, such as Facebook. Although it’s loaded with high-value features, Ecwid is absolutely free. Users pay no setup charges and no transaction fees, making it a no-cost, high-return solution for today’s ecommerce businesses.
Installing Ecwid takes two minutes: After inserting a few lines of code, your online store instantaneously appears. Immediately, your customers can check out securely right from your page without being redirected elsewhere. Behind the scenes, the Ecwid engine completes all transactions on Amazon EC2 servers.
When it was described to me, the first thing I thought about was selling an information product about recruiting on my website, and I was assured that such as thing would be a breeze. Plus, Ecwid-enabled storefronts are automatically responsive, so selling on a mobile device is automatic.
And unlike Square, Ecwid automatically updates the seller’s catalog to reflect the inventory drawdown so that items are not double sold elsewhere in the system. It’s quite a phenomenal solution that allows a small business to very quickly sell anywhere, anytime, on any device with minimal investment.
According to Ecwid President, Jim O’Hara, “Ecwid is the Number 1 shopping cart on Facebook, and we have a global partnership with PayPal. With 500,000 merchants in 175 countries, we’re leading the way for small businesses to do business worldwide. Ecwid is ideal for people who want to sell anywhere, anytime … online, at events, at car shows, at farmer’s markets, or wherever there’s demand.”
O’Hara continues, “It costs these users nothing to get started, and users only move from freemium to paid when they sell more than 10 SKU’s online. Naturally, Ecwid’s paid model offers more tools and more SKUs. We have some users who only sell $5000 per year, while others exceed $1 million through our solution. Our real sweet spot as a business is doing $250,000-$750,000 online.”
The market opportunity is huge.
Worldwide, there are 400 million websites forecasted by 2016, not counting Facebook pages and blogs. Ecwid is available in 45 languages and 175 countries. Plus it has a vast network of a couple thousand agencies, IT consultants, and designers who refer Ecwid to their clients.
According to O’Hara, “60% of our business is international, and we are a leader in mobile ecommerce. Mobile is where most of the shopping journeys start, and it is a massive growth opportunity. We just did a deal with PayPal that enables people to sign up for PayPal Here through Ecwid, which effectively turns an iPhone into a turn-key POS system. This means you can sell what you have through Ecwid anywhere you are — at an event, car show, farmer’s market, etc. — just like you can on Square.
“The difference, however, is that Ecwid synchronizes your catalog and inventory in real time. Imagine having your whole product catalog available at your fingertips 24/7. For small businesses wanting to sell online, that’s huge. Ecwid covers physical point-of-sale, mobile selling, and online selling all syncing in real-time. I have to say, I’m pretty proud of that.”
About the Role
- Are you passionate about ecommerce and customer experiences?
- Are you an analytical problem-solver with the ability to also sell and promote?
- Are you looking to be part of a fast-growing organization serving a large, global customer base?
- Are you experienced in the world of ecommerce and have you successfully built online businesses?
- Are you able to produce content for emails, videos, webinars and conferences?
- Are you able to work cross-functionally within an organization to drive focus and results?
If you answered “YES” to these questions, you’ll dig Ecwid’s Director of Customer Success Director role. As a Customer Success Director, you’ll strive to provide amazing onboarding experiences and stellar customer service. Your job will be to direct, improve, and scale Ecwid’s customer success operations, and you’ll be accountable for increasing specific KPI’s such as …
- Customer retention rate
- Customers’ usage rates
- Customers’ upgrade activity
- Customer lifetime value
- Customer loyalty
- Customer sales and GMV
In order to do this, you’ll need to …
- Build rapport with customers by engaging them through their entire lifecycle
- Help Ecwid’s customers realize and measure the value they receive from Ecwid’s products and services
- Develop blueprints for a successful customer
- Implement programs and systems to ensure customers follow this blueprint
- Identify the key performance indicators of successful customers
- Analyze accounts to understand how specific customers achieve successful adoption while others do not
- Communicate product roadmap, sales and marketing messages, and company announcements to customers
- Gather customer feedback via interviews, surveys, and personal interaction
- Conduct progress report meetings to support the adoption of Ecwid’s product
- Perform training sessions with Ecwid’s customers’ users and equip them with best practices
- Delegate projects and assignments to support a large customer base
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3-10 years of ecommerce success, along with customer success/strategic account management (preferably at a SaaS company)
- Unmatched enthusiasm and passion for internet business and ecommerce.
- Experience with video production and distribution and communicating a compelling story
- Experience in developing and implementing customer retention, upselling, and winback strategies
- Experience in analyzing customer data to drive strategic planning for customer success
- Experience with Email lifecycle and drip campaigns.
- A friendly and upbeat personality
- A strong work ethic and determination to be a part of something BIG
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)