LOS ANGELES, CA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
This is one of the coolest analytics jobs around! We are working with Pacific Sunwear in their search for a Sr. Digital Analytics Manager based in Los Angeles.
PacSun is dedicated to embracing the amazing diversity and unique sense of adventure that California offers at every turn. For over 30 years, PacSun has called California its home, with its offices located in the sun-drenched heart of Orange County. With more than 600 stores and an Ecommerce business primed for growth, PacSun is seeking top-tier, high energy individuals to join an industry-leading team and become a part of the Golden State of Mind.
About the Role …
The Sr. Digital Analytics Manager will support the analytic need of the overall business. This role isn’t just about crunching numbers – it is the use of web analytics and other business intelligence tools to create actionable insights and inform major business decisions across all functions. PacSun needs a rock star!
The Sr. Digital Analytics Manager will create holistic dashboards by pulling data from different data sources and websites for presentations to senior management team. The role acts as a consultative service function in a highly visible role to the entire company, including Ecommerce, Merchants/Buyers, Planners, Brand Marketing, Finance, and the CEO. Collaborates with external partners such as Agencies and internal stakeholders to assist with data collection, reporting and making business decisions.
The Sr. Manager will lead the development of core insights from the data to suggest, create and execute multivariate or a/b tests that drive fundamental improvements in site experience and advertising. To pull this off, you’ll need to exhibit a high level of expertise in driving the data strategy across multiple sources of customer input such as website, survey, CRM and other forms of market research. You’ll focus on multiple business units and support all facets of decision making platforms (clickstream analysis, search analysis, multivariate testing) and wok closely with website development team in data capture strategy and collaboratively implement enhancements. Naturally, you’re expected to be an expert partner within and outside of Ecommerce to ensure best practices in metrics and decision making are being exposed.
- Act as an internal strategic and consultative resource to key functions of the company, providing actionable insights to inform key decisions; provide a ‘first look’ into customer preferences and behavior in a rapidly changing ‘fast fashion’ environment.
- Produce and distribute regular reporting on key performance indicators of business on weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually basis inclusive of both qualitative and quantitative feedback and recommendations.
- Perform ad-hoc information-gathering and basic analysis to support business decisions. Functional areas served include Digital Marketing, Brand Marketing, Web Merchandising, Inventory and Promotion Planning, DC Operations, Customer Service, Finance/Accounting.
- Monitor key metrics to help identify issues, trends and opportunities.
- Assist in planning and forecasting of KPI’s including daily, weekly, monthly and annual order volume, traffic, conversion rates, average order values and associated demand and shipped sales.
- Data consolidation and validation
- Coordinating tags, tracking parameters and associated implementations
- Partner with cross functional team of merchandisers and marketers to lead creation and completion of Multivariate and A/B testing documents from hypothesis creation to influencing creative to identifying success metrics and post-test analysis
- Documentation relation to existing processes and suggestions for improving those processes as they pertain to web analytics
- Effective and persuasive presentations both verbal and written to project teams and business leaders
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, Economics, or Math.
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills, unmatched attention to detail.
- Uncanny ability to interpret data, extract trends, and create recommended action plans from data analysis
- Comfortable providing strategic, data-driven insights/presentations and interacting with C-level executives; experience in a matrixed, multi-channel retail environment a strong plus
- Collaborative, client-service style approach
- At least 5+ years of working with web analytics tools such as Omniture, Coremetrics, Google Analytics as well as experience with Enterprise Buisness Intellegenace Systems and Order Management Systems; Adobe Analytics and Microstrategy a Plus
- Experience with E-Commerce Platforms; Demandware a Plus
- Expert at building robust Dashboards powered by multiple datasources
- Expert with SQL and integrating datasources
- Expertise with Search Engine Marketing, Search Engine Optimization strategies and measuring success of Search Engine Marketing efforts
- Expertise with Email Marketing and Re-Marketing Campaign Tactics
- Experience with Attribution Modeling concepts, strategies and tools; Convertro a Plus
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Exposure to project management, skills, business process tools and techniques a plus
- Works effectively both independently and as a member of a cross functional team
- Ability to identify key needs or gaps and provide leadership to close those gaps
- Resolves disagreements and conflicts constructively, knows when to involve others
- Handles multiple tasks, switches priorities and focuses as needed
- Exhibits high degree of pro-activeness in analyzing customer behavior using available data to influences changes to website and digital marketing
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel. Experience with Microsoft Access a plus.
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.