DAVIE, FL – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to the “Ecommerce Job of the Day,” click here. To connect with Harry Joiner on Linkedin, visit LinktoHarry.com and use Harry.Joiner [at] EcommerceRecruiter.com.
One of the coolest Miami IT jobs around!
We are working with ReStockit.com in their search for an Director of Ecommerce IT based in Davie, FL. ReStockIt.com is a leading online retailer of supplies to small businesses. Through its website, ReStockIt.com offers discounts on more than 200,000 products, from over 2,700 leading manufacturers.
ReStockIt.com has been honored with many prestigious awards including South Florida Business Journal “Business of the Year.” ReStockIt’s revenues have grown aggressively since its inception, from $1 Million in 2004 to over $23 Million in 2013 (a 48% CAGR!), and the firm appears regularly in the Internet Retailer Top 500.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We have a wonderful relationship with ReStockit and every time we do business with them we learn something new about ecommerce. These are creative and resourceful people: ReStockit drop ships 100% of its inventory, and the company has been very successful at establishing deep, longstanding relationships with both its suppliers and customers. RestockIt is consumed with offering its customers the best prices, service, and availability, and it prides itself on its prowess in the area of customer acquisition.
ReStockit’s culture is among the most marketing oriented of any client we’ve worked with — which is why this role will have an impact on disciplines like affiliate marketing, CRM, email, web analytics, and site search. The company runs an ASP.net storefront and uses Sugar CRM, Responsys, Endeca, and Omniture, so a working knowledge of online retail applications will come in handy in this role. Candidates, ask us for our list of applications and projects that will impact IT within your first 180 days at ReStockit.
Primarily, this role will be responsible for development and maintenance of software processes to support the entire business. Meaning, we’re looking for a highly detailed and motivated person to lead the development and maintenance of all software processes and systems used throughout the business. This includes systems for Order Processing, Order Fulfillment, Accounting, Merchandising/Marketing, Customer Service, and Sales.
Should you apply?
This role is perfect for an experienced IT Director and Developer who likes to roll up his / her sleeves and get stuff done. You’ll be responsible for miscellaneous IT issues such as maintaining on-site hardware (including the phone systems, switches, firewalls, routers, etc.), third party vendor relationships, and tight integration with the Web team. We would expect you to leverage the 80/20 rule as you solve complex problems with the simplest possible solutions.
Naturally, a bias for (intelligent) action is essential: The ideal candidate will focus naturally on process improvements, seeking to make the business more efficient anywhere and everywhere. You’ll need to be very comfortable operating in a lean business environment and understand how to drive strategic and tactical value in reality-based ways.
ReStockIt attracts and maintains a diverse team of winners by offering an excellent salary and benefit package, such as health and dental insurance, paid time off and holidays, as well as a 401(k) with Wells Fargo with a company match. If you’re smart, dedicated, and ready to work for an online retailer that cares about you, then this is your gig.
- Develop and maintain ETL process, both inbound and outbound.
- Develop and maintain SQL databases to support third party software (i.e., SugarCRM, Monsoon StoneEdge OrderManager, Axway).
- Develop and maintain SQL databases to support in-house developed processes and systems (i.e., Content Management, Invoicing, Customer Service, Sales, etc.)
- Develop and maintain APIs and integrations with third parties.
- Maintain established relationships with third party vendors.
- Create new processes and systems as business needs evolve.
- Management experience plus a willingness to be hands-on as ReStockit is a lean organization
- Cross functional experience with other departments like Ops, Customer Service and Marketing
- Experience developing business strategies, making high-level business decisions, and have a solid business acumen.
- Intimate knowledge of the entire Microsoft stack (ASP.NET, VB/C#, SQL Server, IIS, Windows, Windows Server)
- Proficiency in writing stored procedures, views, and functions in SQL Server
- Proficiency in creating SSIS packages to support integrations with 3rd parties
- Ability to problem solve and think “outside of the box”
- Strong Attention to Detail
- Strong Interpersonal and People Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Positive Attitude
- Multi-tasking Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Master’s Degree Preferred)
Additional Experience/Skills Desired
- Familiarity with EDI
- Familiarity with eCommerce
- Familiarity with Endeca
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)