LOS ANGELES, CA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with Transamerica in their search for a SEM Optimization Analyst in Los Angeles, CA. Transamerica Life Insurance Company, which began operations in 1961, is part of the AEGON USA group of companies. The firm markets individual and group life insurance and annuities and is licensed to provide insurance throughout the US (except for New York and Washington DC). Its products are distributed through agents and brokers, as well as via direct marketing efforts.
This is one of the coolest SEM/ SEO jobs Los Angeles has to offer.
Transamerica is seeking a world-class SEM Optimization Analyst for its enterprise online marketing group. This heavy analytical online marketer will work closely with the SEM manager to understand and optimize the performance of tens of thousands of keywords.
The candidate (that’d be YOU) should have deep SEM analytics expertise and ideally be AdWords certified, familiar with Enhanced Campaigns along with experience on Bing, Google Display & Remarketing. The ideal candidate also has experience with 3rd party SEM management software like Marin, Kenshoo and others. You’ll have a proven track record of understanding the campaign performance of tens of thousands of keywords across brand and non-brand terms and across divisional lines appealing to both B2C and B2B audiences.
The ideal candidate will be able to utilize past experiences in matrixed organizations and be effective at interacting intra-departmentally as well as externally to Transamerica’s internal partner clients on both a technical and marketing level utilizing different platforms to optimize performance. You must be viewed as the subject matter expert in regards to SEM analytics.
This opportunity is ideal for the candidate that is:
- Ready to step into a larger role at a bigger company with plenty of up-side
- Looking to move from the crazy agency world to the happy client side
- Desires the freedom and entrepreneurship of a startup with the resources, budget and stability of a big company
- Data driven and relies on data and past SEM experience to drive sound decisions
- Hungry to make a difference, be heard and have their work be recognized
Transamerica is waiting for you – come join Transamerica’s team to have a spot at the table to get your opinions and thoughts heard, shared and acted on.
Position Related Qualifications:
- Proven SEM optimization analyst who goes beyond just reporting the facts and demonstrates ability to provide actionable insight that team can act on to improve performance, sales and revenue
- Results, results, results – Proven track record of improving campaign KPIs
- Experience in creating, establishing and maintaining SEM management dashboards at the enterprise and divisional level
- Hands-on experience optimizing Google Adwords, Bing Ads, Google Display Network, & Google Remarketing campaigns
- Ability to manage vendors, manage multiple projects and ongoing system delivery
- Excellent communicator that is able to distill technical and marketing lingo into understandable, actionable takeaways for management
- Abilioty to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization including operations, technology, marketing, sales and senior management
- Evidence of gathering data, summarization and creating actionable plans
- Proven analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Financial Services experience and/or working in a complex retail/eCommerce environment with third-party distribution is a plus
- Strong Excel skills
- Conduct SEM analytics gap at the enterprise and divisional level and provide benchmarks
- Establish relationship with each of the divisional leads and understand their business objectives, priorities and imperatives
- Own, manage and distribute SEM optimization analysis at both the enterprise and divisional levels
- Partner with SEM manager on campaign structure and optimization tactics to improve performance
- Researches and tracks competitive analytics intelligence on SEM including bids and placement
- Assists with development of overall e-commerce strategy to meet the organization’s goals and objectives
- BA preferred or relevant work experience
- Minimum 2 years experience in complex SEM analytics optimization preferably on the client side but agency side managing client SEM is acceptable
- Prior industry experience with companies known for being cutting-edge in digital commerce and/or financial services
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and highly effective presenter
Transamerica offers a competitive total compensation program. In addition, the firm offers an attractive benefits package including medical, dental, disability, life insurance, medical expense reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, pension and profit sharing 401(k). Transamerica is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Richard Pirkle. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Richard for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)