NEW YORK, NY – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest NY ecommerce jobs around.
We are working with Everlast in its search for a Director of Ecommerce based in New York City. The preeminent brand in boxing since 1910, Everlast is a global leader in the design, manufacturing, licensing and marketing of authentic boxing, mixed martial arts and fitness related sporting goods equipment, apparel, footwear, and accessories. Built on a brand heritage of authenticity and individuality Everlast is the brand of choice for generations of world champion professional athletes.
- Develop and execute a product strategy, assortment, and plan to meet sales goals and increase online business
- Develop and implement the online strategy, ensuring that it realizes the brand’s full online potential while working with senior management
- Manage the web P&L to meet sales and profit targets
- Ensure a best-in-class online shopping experience supported by appropriate functionality and accurate web merchandising/content management
- Develop and implement a digital marketing strategy, to: a) balance acquisition and retention to significantly increase new shopper base while maximizing the value of the existing customer base, and b) monitor spend and effectiveness to optimize marketing budget
- Manage agencies/third party service providers to ensure high levels of service are provided within agreed operating budgets; manage projects and contracts with each partner
- Perform and develop appropriate metrics to measure and monitor key performance indicators and effectiveness of digital initiatives
- Optimize and innovate site to meet/exceed KPI’s
- Oversee customer service support
- Manage internal fulfillment operations for ecommerce
- Lead/direct small ecommerce team to achieve sales targets and ecommerce objectives
- Stay informed on industry trends and developments
Desired Skills & Experience
- 7 – 9 years experience in ecommerce (small to mid-size ecommerce business preferred)
- Experience or affinity for fight sports (boxing, MMA, and/or fitness)
- Comprehensive knowledge of ecommerce / online marketing industry best practices
- Merchandise assortment planning and inventory management experience
- Experience with various ecommerce back-end solutions
- In-depth understanding of SEO, SEM, Affiliate, Retargeting, Social, and Email marketing
- Strong analytical abilities
- Demonstrated success implementing, monitoring, measuring product and category sales, and margin performance
- Ability to set strategy and ensure quality execution to meet and exceed established goals and objectives
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- Ability to work and support cross-functional teams to drive shared results
- Strong independent decision-making, organizational, planning and problem-solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate creativity with limited resources and maximize tight budgets
- A passionate, curious, and driven leader
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.
PS – If you’re thinking about changing jobs this year (though us or anyone else), you might want to check out this post on why even TOP candidates get rejected.