LOS ANGELES, CA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest UX Jobs in Los Angeles …
We are working with Transamerica in their search for a UI Designer based in Los Angeles, CA. Transamerica Life Insurance Company, which began operations in 1961, is part of the AEGON USA group of companies. The firm markets individual and group life insurance and annuities and is licensed to provide insurance throughout the US (except for New York and Washington DC). Its products are distributed through agents and brokers, as well as via direct marketing efforts.
Transamerica is seeking a world-class UI Designer candidate in its newly formed enterprise online marketing group. You’ll have the opportunity to directly impact, change and improve the user interfaces for over 20 million customers and many more visitors and prospects. This experienced, out-of-the box designer will work closely across …
- Transamerica’s enterprise team – including Social, Content, SEM, Display, Email etc.
- The Enterprise team of graphic, web and user experience designers under the direction of Transamerica’s Creative Director
- Transamerica’s business divisions like insurance, mutual funds and pension plans
With the single mindset of creating and assembling the best, most bodacious, cutting edge online user interfaces – across web, smartphone, tablet – to maximize brand value, customer engagement and conversion.
You’ll have proven experience developing wireframes and templates to guide the team across multiple online devices enabling Transamerica’s customers to interact with the firm how they want, when they want, with the best possible user interface.
You’ll have the mindset to develop, design and execute systems and interfaces that solve the firm’s customers’ financial needs across various business units utilizing different backend data sources.
You’ve got the unique knack to translate complex business concepts and goals into compelling online interfaces for both Transamerica’s B2C and B2B audiences using tactics.
This opportunity is ideal for the candidate that is:
- Looking for a high visibility role that impacts, changes and improves the user interfaces over 20 million customers interact with – ready to make them smile?!
- Looking to step up into a larger role at a bigger company
- Looking to move from the insane agency world to the sane client side
- Desires the freedom and entrepreneurship of a startup with the resources, budget and stability of a big company
- Understands it’s part art + science and that data will be a big driver in your iterative user interface outputs
- Hungry to make a difference, be heard and have their work be recognized
- Transamerica is waiting for you – come join a world-class team to have a spot at the table to get your opinions and thoughts heard, shared and acted on.
- Creates clean, uncluttered, simple and easy-to-use unified and on-brand interfaces that work across customer demo/physco/geo-graphics that play well across devices and platforms.
- Designs systems and programs to meet complex business needs. Prepares detailed specifications, wireframes and templates – performs technical analysis on front and back-end to ensure component delivery is possible and then executes vision.
- Creates user/screen flows, style guides and other design driven documentation.
- Gathers information from existing systems, interfaces and experiences and develops and proposes solutions to optimize and outperform current solutions.
- Supports internal Enterprise digital group channel UI needs across Social, Content, SEM, Display etc. – understanding each group’s needs and how they roll up to and support the divisional needs.
- Supports business unit needs and help lead them in creating UI experiences that satisfy their business needs across platforms, back-end systems and devices.
- Constantly monitors competitive space and vertical to ensure thought leadership and keep Transamerica brand experience at forefront of ever evolving digital space.
- Effectively communicates vision to designers, enterprise team and business unit leaders and working collaboratively with them, incorporate their ideas into the final UI output
- Ability to self-manage projects, provide estimates and timelines and hit them.
- BFA in design, human-computer interaction (HCI) or other relevant work experience
- 3+ years of…
- hands on experience with wire frame generation tools (i.e. Balsamiq/Axure), UI designs and layouts
- information flow experience with architecture skills in UI based information flow
- analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of programs
- Ideally proficient in Photoshop scripting and automation
- Deep understanding web/mobile/social standards
- Demonstrated passion for consistency and simplicity in UI design
- Proven portfolio of UI designs, wireframes and templates that show how you strategically think about UI and how you effectively took a brand from ‘A’ to ‘B’ based on your guidance and UI chops.
- Energetic, positive, mature attitude that appreciates and digests constructive criticism and is able to incorporate business feedback in a constructive manner.
- Brings fresh mindset to a vertical that sorely needs it and doesn’t mind the spotlight.
- Understands that getting customers to engage involves both killer design and data and seeks to understand the data drivers that result in winning design layout and execution.
- Comfortable in a deadline driven, fast-paced, iterative, results-oriented work environment where the team is always striving for ‘better’.
- Cultural fit is paramount – you must be able to get along with and work alongside your fellow team members.
- Great listening skills who can collect ideas and synthesize them into amazing outputs.
Transamerica offers a competitive total compensation program. In addition, the firm offers an attractive benefits package including medical, dental, disability, life insurance, medical expense reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, pension and profit sharing 401(k).
Transamerica is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Richard Pirkle. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Richard for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)