LOS ANGELES, CA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with Transamerica in their search for a Digital Content Editor based in Los Angeles, CA. Transamerica Life Insurance Company, which began operations in 1961, is part of the AEGON USA group of companies. The firm markets individual and group life insurance and annuities and is licensed to provide insurance throughout the US (except for New York and Washington DC). Its products are distributed through agents and brokers, as well as via direct marketing efforts.
Transamerica is seeking a gifted Digital Content Editor for Transamerica’s newly formed Enterprise Online Strategy Group. You’ll dive into the deep end of the pool and immediately play a critical role in guiding Transamerica’s content development across the firm’s insurance, investments and retirement businesses speaking to a number of different audiences including consumers, agents, brokers and advisors, while helping to strengthen of Transamerica’s voice and tone.
If you like having a megaphone in the big leagues – this is your opportunity – you’ll be able to directly impact Transamerica’s message to over 20+ million customers and many more visitors and prospects.
This opportunity is perfect for someone ready to make a big and meaningful difference in the world. Your focus will be to write/oversee content that is easy to understand, educates Transamerica’s customers (both consumer and professional), help them change their financial situation for the better, develop a plan for the future they feel confident about and drive Transamerica’s written vision. This role will work closely across …
- Transamerica’s enterprise team – including Social, Creative, SEM, Display, Email etc.
- Transamerica’s business divisions like insurance, mutual funds and pension plans
- Collaborate directly with the Content Strategist
We want to speak with you if you are …
- Looking for a high visibility role that impacts and changes how over 20 million customers hears Transamerica’s message!
- Looking to step up into a larger role at a bigger company and/or escape the zoo at an agency
- Desires the freedom and entrepreneurship of a startup with the resources, budget and stability of a big company
- Hungry to make a difference, be heard and have their work be recognized
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with the digital marketing teams to ensure proper voice and tone are maintained for digital content.
- Content-editing of divisional and corporate materials to ensure it meets corporate standards for accuracy and style (checking spelling, grammar, coherence; imposing consistent style; resolving research “fall-out”, inputting changes to electronic files)
- Analyze online material verifying format and content accuracy;
- Proofread material to verify copy-editing and other mark-up has been input correctly (verifying changes made to electronic files and accurate formatting)
- Submit proofs where necessary for author and legal/compliance review
- Create, develop and manage content for Transamerica’s web presence (requires working with content management software)
- Maintain a consistent look and feel throughout all web properties
- Working with a cross-divisional team, maintain and develop the master content calendar for all web properties
- Copyedit and proofread all web content
- Oversee freelancers, including writers and copy editors
- Keep current with emerging web technologies through relevant blogs, conferences, and events
- Assure web-based information is archived for future needs and reference
- Work cooperatively with key team members, clients and vendors to ensure success.
- Other duties as assigned based on divisional needs.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, instruction, and all safety rules.
- Exhibits regular, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance.
- At least five years experience writing/editing customer communications, instructions and marketing copy for websites.
- Experience in banking/financial topics preferred but not required. Experience as part of an ecommerce team greatly preferred, as is experience with an online marketing agency.
- Working knowledge and familiarity with content management system (CMS) SDL Tridion
- Subject-matter expertise in web content and ability to represent this discipline to others across the company.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams with interaction and graphic designers, usability experts, product managers, legal and compliance, and line-of-business owners.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a thorough knowledge of the English language, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and usage.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in English, Journalism, Marketing, Advertising, or other communications-related field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint. Basic HTML skills and experience with graphic design software is preferred
- Should have a good basic understanding of web technology and publishing. Experience with WordPress is a plus
- Exceptional project management skills, including the ability to manage schedules and deadlines for multiple projects.
- Experience adhering to documented standards for copy, obtaining feedback and approvals from clients, and revising documents according to that feedback. Must be able to produce copy that’s consistent with Transamerica’s voice and tone.
- Experience enforcing best practices and processes from the start of the project life cycle to the project’s official launch.
- Experience working in a Matrixed organization and/or playing an influencer role in content editing/creative with teams not directly reporting to you would be preferred.
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)