FORT LAUDERDALE, FL – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with AutoNation in their search for an SEM Manager based in Fort Lauderdale, FL. This is one of the best paid search jobs on the market.
AutoNation is taking its search marketing strategy to the next level and is looking for a strong, data-driven search marketing manager with a passion for the automotive space. The Manager position is a key role in the national marketing team, managing AutoNation’s national search marketing campaign execution and optimization efforts. The role will report into the Director, Search Engine Marketing.
The Manager of SEM will be responsible for executing against the search marketing strategy in an effort to grow AutoNation’s paid search business across the US, working alongside a number of internal and external partners. The position will have regular and frequent interaction with senior leadership in the Marketing division, and must maintain alignment with broader business priorities. The role will share financial responsibility for the search marketing channel for a broad portfolio of retail stores and products (e.g. new car sales, used car sales and service). The search engine marketing team is a critical function, central to the strategic objectives of the business in the future.
- Develop and execute a search marketing strategy to deliver against annual financial goals and aggressively scale the search marketing channel nationally
- Managing the technical aspects of the business – specifically, integrations with APIs and/or Campaign Management Tools, development of internal keyword-level tracking, URL Generation, and mastering how the firm’s data synchs with its internal database
- Ability to navigate complex bid auction environments and maximize campaign profitability on an ongoing basis
- Deliver a data-driven, quantitative approach to search marketing; using metrics to measure success and create feedback loops to adjust bids across an ecosystem
- Demonstrated ability to optimize campaign keyword lists, creative, offers, landing pages, etc…intrinsically understanding that developing and maintaining a strong “quality score” is critical to success.
- Operate in a continuous test-and-learn environment in an effort to build and improve the search campaigns
- Partner with senior stakeholders across product, sales, service and broader marketing to deliver customer experience enhancements that benefit the search marketing channel
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with the Company’s Vision, Mission, and Values in all interactions with customers, co-workers and suppliers.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and safety standards.
- MBA preferred; college degree required
- Minimum 3-5 years progressive marketing experience; 2-3 years SEM experience
- Previous P&L management experience required
- Proven record of business analysis driven and fact-based decision-making
- Project management and technology integration experience required, specifically with the Google Adwords API and/or 3rd party tools like Marin/Kenshoo
- Previous experience with creating and/or managing keyword-tracking and URL generation
- Management consultant level written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects/responsibilities thru completion
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)