CHICAGO, IL – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with Insureon in its search for a Senior Digital Marketing Analyst based in the firm’s Chicago headquarters. Insureon is the leading online insurance agency for small business, specializing in the fast-growing microbusiness sector, which includes the self-employed and companies with 10 or fewer employees.
Microbusiness = HUGE market opportunity.
According to the U.S. Census, there are more than 33 million of these firms. EcommerceRecruiter.com is one of these firms — totally legitimate, growing like a weed, and with insurance needs. Insureon allows small businesses (like mine) to apply online for insurance and receive multiple quotes from leading insurance carriers — completing in minutes a process that otherwise would take a week or longer.
Normally, I’d say Insureon is like a “LendingTree for insurance” — but the cool thing about Insureon is that they have developed the technology to simplify a horrifically painful application process, AND they have a customer advisory “desks” that are loaded with experts in specific industry niches (like restaurants; auto repair; landscaping; pet care; whatever). Given that there are 550,000 restaurants in the United States, check out the following personal advice to restauranteurs from Insureon CEO Ted Devine …
The firm has gotten a ton of great press, and it’s the kind of business I’d invest my own money in.
Insureon is looking for a Senior Digital Marketing Analyst with commitment, leadership, and energy. As Insureon’s Marketing Analyst you will work with the firm’s marketing leaders to compile relevant data to launch new products in new markets and assist in analysis to be consumed by everyone in the company. It’s one of the coolest Chicago ecommerce jobs out available right now.
According to Insureon’s very bright SVP, Lou Friedmann, “This opportunity is a good fit if the candidate has the experience to take our data-driven marketing program to the next level. The candidate needs to be articulate, persuasive, and tech savvy because we need her to feed actionable insights to the team in order to optimize and monetize all the data coming in from various sources including SQL, Google, ClickTale, Marin and others. It’s a big job.”
Bottom line: This role is all about enhancing Insureon’s digital marketing strategy and improving performance throughout the lead generation and customer acquisition funnel. And yes, in a sea of data the prize goes to the person who has an informed opinion and can make a clear business case. At Insureon, there’s nothing as devastating to an opinion as a number …
Beyond the nuts and bolts of data analysis, nothing will be more important than the new hire’s fit with Insureon’s run-and-gun culture. Insureon is not the right place for candidates who feel like a fish out of water without a well defined traditional corporate structure. And it’s not likely to be your cup of tea if you’re often heard to say “that’s not part of my job description.” Insureon’s top people thrive in a fast paced environment where wearing multiple hats is the norm.
Candidates, we have a ridiculous amount of intel on this client’s business — size and scope of the industry; ALL of the client’s online sales numbers; the client’s top channels for online growth; a detailed discussion of who their “slam dunk” customer is and HOW and WHY they buy; yada yada yada — all yours for the asking. Hit up our Richard Pirkle at the bottom of this post and he’ll hook you up.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Support Marketing Leader in investigation, analysis, documentation and reporting on key business drivers of the digital program.
- Utilize information from multiple internal and external sources to provide data and analytical support for annual business plans and global/regional marketing & Sales initiatives
- Provide information and insights regarding customers, customer behavior, markets, competitors, and campaign effectiveness to measure performance and support business decisions.
- Leads efforts in compiling and validating internal and external sales and marketing data for use in projects to Marketing, Sales, Strategic Planning and Finance.
- Works with key internal clients on a frequent basis to identify opportunities for analytics of SEO, SEM, Display, Email, PR, and Affiliates.
- Works closely to manage suppliers in the data acquisition phase of each project. Sets up automated data reporting.
- Assists in preparing final project deliverables, including creating PowerPoint decks and simple spreadsheet tools
- 3-5 years work experience in related business field (client or supplier)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Familiarity with statistical methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to creatively develop analytic solutions given our unique business model and “non-standard” data
- Proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Extra points: Research experience with insurance risk; Mathematics background; Masters degree
Other qualities and skills:
- Ability to multi-task and be hands-on in a fast-paced environment
- Coachable with a willingness to learn
- Organized with a keen eye and attention for detail
- Strong work ethic
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
UPDATE AUGUST 28: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)