BRONX, NY – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
Based in Bronx, NY, Loehmann’s, the iconic retailer of discounted designer fashions, is looking for a Director of Ecommerce Marketing to drive daily, weekly and monthly sales for Loehmanns.com. You’ll be responsible for devising, planning, implementing, measuring and optimizing the promotional strategies and marketing campaigns that will drive sales for the rapidly growing Loehmann’s online store.
As Loehmann’s Director of Ecommerce Marketing, you will work very closely with the corporate marketing and advertising teams, as well as the merchant and planning teams, to devise, plan, execute and measure website campaigns, including Web-only promotions, that will support corporate marketing initiatives, create customers from new Loehmann’s shoppers, showcase the firm’s merchandise assortment, drive online conversions, and ensure that Loehmann’s meets or exceeds its sales targets. You will report to the Vice President for Ecommerce.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: Founded in Brooklyn way back in 1921, Loehmann’s was the original retailer for off-price designer fashions. In the same way that women today plan their days around the flash sales offered by websites such as Gilt, RueLaLa and MyHabit, for more than 90 years, women have planned their schedules around pilgrimages to Loehmann’s in order to find the best fashions at the best prices.
Loehmann’s launched its ecommerce site in November 2011 and started doing significant business immediately. Take a quick look at Alexa and you’ll see the spike in traffic as soon as Loehmann’s launched its ecom capabilities.
Having established that there’s significant online interest in Loehmann’s and its discount designer concept, the firm looks to grow its digital commerce team. As the Director of Ecommerce Marketing, you will be integral to this growing team. This role will be responsible for coordinating the activities of marketing, promotion, merchandising, and display around Loehmann’s promotional calendar, as well as driving online marketing and merchandising to maximize sales every day.
Perhaps the coolest thing about this job is that Loehmann’s has 40 stores. And they’re in America’s largest markets – like New York, California, Chicago and Florida. Since ecom is still so new to Loehmann’s, there’s a significant opportunity to shape and implement an optimal omnichannel approach for the company. It’s sort of like working at an online retail startup – complete with all the challenges and excitement that come with it – but within an established bricks-and-mortar retail organization.
According to Dan Sackrowitz, Loehmann’s VP of Ecommerce …
“In the old days, when our customers received our direct mail or saw our magazine ads, they responded by going to the store. Today the first thing they do is go online. If the experience they get online isn’t consistent with our marketing messages and our Loehmann’s in-store experience, it kills the brand. Our presentation across all channels must be uniformly excellent, and it’s this person’s responsibility to ensure that happens.”
Social, mobile and local marketing must be blended with traditional promotional and online marketing to drive sales. Loehmann’s needs someone who is accustomed to working with corporate marketing teams to understand (and even influence) how Loehmann’s corporate marketing can leverage digital technologies. This combination of resources will create some exciting synergies between online and offline marketing, such as Loehmann’s Exclusive Blogger Preview of its highly successful Italian Event …
Doesn’t that look like fun?
BOTTOM LINE: This role involves bringing consistency to the way Loehmanns.com optimizes its marketing, promotional and merchandising cadence across every far-flung customer touch point. And it’s about scaling the business profitably while infusing some digital excitement into Loehmann’s existing multichannel marketing mix.
- Devise and continually refine the daily, weekly and monthly marketing and promotional calendar for Loehmanns.com.
- Develop and implement the marketing strategies and website experience that will maximize sales on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Work closely with the corporate advertising and marketing team to ensure that the marketing and promotional calendar is at all times coordinated with the corporate marketing calendar, and to ensure a tight omnichannel shopping experience
- Work closely with the merchant and planning teams to help define the online assortment, and to develop content strategies to most effectively present and sell our assortment on loehmanns.com
- Optimize the web platform for selling off-price designer apparel
- Own the website analytics
- 6+ years of ecommerce experience, preferably for a multi-branded multi-channel apparel retailer
- Experience in planning, managing, developing and communicating online promotional, marketing and content strategies that meet or exceed sales plans
- Experience in continually optimizing an online experience to maximize sales and conversion rate
- Solid understanding of ecommerce and retail best practices, and a proven track record of being able to successfully integrate best practices into an online marketing and merchandising strategy
- Proficient with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Coremetrics or Omniture
- Strict attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Experience in apparel or fashion retail
- Experience in managing an ecommerce team
- Proficient in Excel. Knowledge of additional tools such as SQL a plus
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)
LINK TO HARRY: I’m out of Linkedin invitations, but if you’d like to connect to my 1st degree network of +8,500 ecommerce execs, you can invite me here: LinktoHarry.com and I will accept. Use Harry.Joiner [at] EcommerceRecruiter.com