FOUNTAIN VALLEY, CA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with Supra Footwear in their search for a seeks a Director of Ecommerce based in Fountain Valley, CA …
HARRY’S COMMENTS: Founded in 2005, SUPRA Footwear is operated by ONE Distribution, with an equity investment from Bertram Capital, based in San Francisco. SUPRA is one of the leading independent footwear brands in the world, fulfilling consumers’ aspirations and enriching their lives by making innovative products that are trend right and relevant to core youth culture lifestyles. While the company’s primary product line is footwear, the brand is branching out into apparel and accessories in order to capitalize on the brand’s appeal. The brand has a sizable Facebook following, and its Spring 2013 Women’s Look Book can be seen here.
The majority of the SUPRA business is driven by wholesale, with products that are distributed in 50 countries, with nine countries currently being directly served by ecommerce. The company is serious about expanding its consumer direct business, and capitalizing upon existing demand for the brand.
While the margins in a direct to consumer business are attractive, that is only part of what is driving SUPRA to increase its direct business: going direct also provides SUPRA greater control over the business and the brand vision with the ability to gather substantive information about the evolving market’s needs and values.
SUPRA has several key strengths that support it’s work to improve its direct business. In addition to the support and backing of Bertram Capital (and its technology incubator, Bertram Labs), SUPRA has an outstanding leadership team in product design and marketing. The company tells fantastic stories and offers compelling products, and at $100 million in sales, the firm believes it could be a billion-dollar brand, if managed correctly.
The marketing leadership at SUPRA is well aware that emerging youth culture has its own language and triggers. Today’s consumers do respond to marketing, but the message has to be authentic and credible, and has to have a level of originality to it. SUPRA has tremendous credibility and authenticity, having been born from Southern California skate culture.
Skate culture is rooted in a fearless and rebellious attitude that has evolved from a subculture to a globally recognized popular culture. Skaters identify themselves with a tribe mentality and lifestyle and are extremely brand loyal. Traditionally, skaters have dressed from the bottom up, using their skate shoes to anchor their look. As skateboarding has expanded into the mainstream, a key challenge for skate brands has been to maintain their authenticity while broadening their appeal.
It’s not just about selling shoes (although that’s part of it). To receive your copy of the research for this search, please apply below.
- Working closely with internal and external resources in the development and execution of direct to consumer marketing strategies.
- Overseeing online marketing – budget, ROI justification and team management – paid search, SEO, Email, display advertising
- Developing and maintaining a comprehensive ecommerce and demand generation plan that compliments Supra’s global brand strategy
- Managing the development of the ecommerce organization to meet revenue objectives and recruitment of the team
- Assumption of full P/L responsibility to plan revenue, marketing and sales promotion consistent with Supra’s global strategies.
- Email marketing (email capture, list development and management, campaign development and implementation, etc.)
- Communication of plans, programs, and results to the management team and board.
- Management of multivariate (MVT) and A/B testing program for the web site to maximize visit to sale conversion rate.
- Developing measurement system to monitor and analyze customer lifecycle with focus on extracting actionable opportunities.
- Partnering with other functional areas in strategic development, planning, coordination, and execution of ecommerce activities/projects.
- Collaborating with purchasing managers to optimize match between online customer demand and specific product supply.
- Creation of segmentation strategy for email that maximizes life cycle of customers – increases 2nd order rate, and grows email database.
- Evaluate the performance of email sends, including the impact of promotional offers, subject lines, segmentation performance, click-thru rates and revenue generation and provide executable recommendations to the Executive Committee to improve future email performance
- Management of partnerships with 3rd party vendors
- Implement testing strategies to continually uncover optimization levers, enhance learning, and improve performance
- Definition of marketing metrics and establish reports to measure successes, opportunities and appropriate action plans based on conclusions.
- Tracking, reporting, and analyzing Supra’s PPC initiatives and campaigns, including understanding attribution analysis and impact of lifetime value.
- Reporting and analysis on a weekly basis for acquisition marketing channels and additional initiatives
- Deep knowledge of Ecommerce operations and thorough familiarity with the online space.
- Experience designing online customer experiences.
- Experience managing projects from start to finish including overseeing developers, UI/UX, and creative.
- Passion for data and metrics.
- Excellent verbal and written skills. Detail oriented. Supportive of co-workers.
- Expert with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics, KissMetrics, etc. Experience with business intelligence packages a plus.
- Expert knowledge of performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition strategies.
- College degree
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.