RALEIGH, NC – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with The Body Shop in their search for a VP of Ecommerce based in New York City or Wake Forest, NC.
The Body Shop seeks a worldclass Vice President, Ecommerce to be responsible for concept development, strategy, planning, implementation and coordination of all of the firm’s ecommerce marketing initiatives. The new VP will direct a team responsible for the development and management of Ecommerce projects.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: For a variety of reasons, I’m not going to share much information about this role in this forum. However: I have an extraordinary amount of information on this search thanks to a 90 minute kickoff call with The Body Shop’s VP of Human Resources for its Americas Region (plus two other extremely knowledgeable insiders). My call notes alone contain 3,371 words — among my longest downloads EVER. Additionally, I have compiled a treasure trove of company and market research from several subscription-based online databases. Some of what qualified candidates will hear from me about this search will shock and surprise them! Apply below …
- Responsible for the e-commerce business channel for existing brands
- Direct establish, plan and implement The body Shop’s e-commerce strategy in the US
- Plan and execute site merchandise assortment to include selection, promotion, display and inventory
- Develop accurate product forecasts
- Direct marketing strategy to drive growth and manage consumer behavior needs.
- Develop business and financial plans including profitability levers for the ecommerce channel
- Document high level business goals and site objectives, turning them into specifications used by developers
- Develop marketing plan to include plan for customer information database (shopping behaviors)
- Liaise with central marketing team and IT to ensure strategic alignment
- Ensure ecommerce legal compliance
- Tracks and reports on the effectiveness of Internet marketing success and appeal
- Analyzes web services usage trends to improve and/or add functionality.
- Manages relationships with external Internet business partners
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 8 years experience in Ecommerce Marketing and Merchandising
- Experience in the beauty industry, apparel, or upscale consumer goods preferred
- Project management experience
- Website design or site design maintenance experience
- Fluent understanding of Ecommerce front end operations from briefs to deployment
- Ability to translate store merchandising to online merchandising
- Strong intuitive understanding of online consumer behavior and ability to develop creative messages for a beauty customer in a online user-friendly way
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.