SANTA MONICA, CA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with GoldSilver.com in its search for a VP of Operations based in Santa Monica, CA. Founded in 2005, GoldSilver.com is now the most visited online gold and silver dealership in the United States. The firm expects its high growth rate to continue and probably accelerate for the next 5 years.
GoldSilver.com started from cutting-edge economic research of the storms that, at that point, still lay in the future for the U.S. monetary and economic systems. The firm’s founder Mike Maloney wrote the book “RichDad’s Advisor’s Guide to Investing in Gold and Silver”. Published in 2008, it quickly sprang to the #1 selling book on precious metal investing in history. Here’s Mike now …
In an industry that is perceived as full of sharks, GoldSilver.com stands out from its competition by not being a high pressure sales company or a mom and pop coin shop. GoldSilver.com simply educates and offers the opportunity for the client to do what it has done. The company is high energy, mission driven, tech savvy, and youthful. Its core values consist of: Trustworthiness, creativeness, innovativeness, and being customer centric. Maintaining and building on all of these is a high priority.
The firm’s values are: Leadership by example, accuracy in what they do, striving to be the best, innovation in all it does, and being creative/ not competitive.
The Code of Honor that GoldSilver.com lives by (crafted by the whole company) is:
- Mission comes first, team second, individual third
- Always represent the company to the utmost of your ability
- Respect and support teammates, company and mission
- Be on time, keep commitments
- Communicate through proper channels
- Learn from mistakes and celebrate all wins
- Resolve issues calmly and promptly with empathy
- Lead by example, living what they preach
GoldSilver.com is an extremely fast growing company dealing in bullion and economic information looking to disrupt the current landscape of its industry and beyond. The firm has all of the right ingredients: A compelling message, a charismatic leader, a passionate team, the best selling book in its industry, and several blockbuster multimedia projects — and GS needs your help to get the word out and accelerate the company’s growth.
The User Growth Manager will be responsible for strategic development and tactical implementation of internal and external communications. This individual will be responsible for planning, implementation, analytics, and metrics related to their role. The User Growth Manager will work directly with GoldSilver’s team’s CEO, President, and management team.
- Developing User Growth Strategy for internal and external stakeholders in conjunction with senior management
- Creating quantifiable objectives and corresponding metrics and reporting them to the management team
- Developing tactical plans amongst different channels
- Managing: SEO, PPC, Display Ads, Affiliates, Email Marketing, Analytics, Social Media, Offline
- Channel development, integration, and balance
- Building and managing an integrated user growth and marketing team inclusive of vendors and internal employees
- Balancing off and online channels, as well as understanding the nuances of offline user experience
- Developing and enhancing business relationships, fostering existing and new business, and heightening awareness of the Company
- Overseeing and managing vendors on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Working with web, user experience, and content teams to creative positive lasting user experiences
- Segmenting GoldSilver’s customers and users and creating promotions to address specific niches
- Working directly with the team’s CEO, President, and management team to manage and grow GoldSilver’s outreach efforts all across the board.
- Managing multiple projects, prioritizing work and balancing strategic and tactical issues
Qualifications and Competencies
- At least 3 years experience in Corporate Communications, Product Management, User Growth, Marketing, Public Relations, Digital Media or Strategic Brand Management
- Bachelors Degree in Communication, Marketing, Business or other related field or equivalent experience
- A deep understanding of internet marketing techniques and best practices including search engine ecosystems, performance marketing networks, social media networks, and display and payperclick methods
- Demonstrated competence working with analytics, developing success metrics, and understanding business objectives
- A proven ability to manage strategic marketing for a large and growing company
- An understanding of viral content including: leveraging, ideation and execution
- A willingness to support teammates and a positive attitude
- A relentless desire to improve the company and yourself
- Discretion and good judgement — GoldSilver cares deeply about its brands and is only looking for qualified stewards for its brand
- Ability to find and accept solutions outside of previous experience
- Desire to grow personally and professionally
- Willingness to seek creative solutions and take ownership of preexisting issues
- Working with their team members and team members of other departments to find longterm solutions
- Willingness to work hard and reap the results
- Willingness to take the Mission and Vision, and work towards executing them everyday in their job
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)