COSTA MESA, CA – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to the “Ecommerce Job of the Day,” click here. To connect with Harry Joiner on Linkedin, visit LinktoHarry.com and use Harry.Joiner [at] EcommerceRecruiter.com.
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS ON HOLD.
We are working with Volcom in their search for a VP of Ecommerce & Digital Business based in Costa Mesa, CA.
The Vice President of Ebusiness is a new strategic, senior level leadership position for the company. The VP of Ebusiness will be responsible for the entire ecommerce and digital marketing strategy at a worldwide level to include all merchandising, digital marketing, online store management, fulfillment logistics, customer service, IT, content and other day-to-day efforts and operations for the site.
This VP will work closely with all the other departments (merchandising, marketing, retail & wholesale teams, finance, regional GM’s etc…) to ensure an integrated approach to everything Volcom does.
The successful candidate will be a true Ebusiness leader with a passion, talent, and proven track record of building teams, managing and motivating people, and helping companies develop and execute strategic plans to increase revenue and create value for the organization, its customers, and its trade partners.
Strategy: Since it’s a new business channel for the company, the candidate will be responsible for defining the overall strategy, i.e.
- Develop Volcom’s ebusiness strategy & execute plans to grow online sales and digital presence in the US, but also in key regions.
- Responsible for the P&L (top & bottom line) and total budget control – online sales should reach 5% the total turnover by 2015
- Define the right organization and the right team to put in place
- Select & Manage the 3rd party vendors and service providers
- Gain the buy-in of Senior Management as well as their appointed business leads
Online store management: collaborating with Marketing, Design, Merchandising, wholesale & retail, the candidate will be responsible for
- Design- creative: reflecting the brand image and positioning
- User Experience: identifying and implementing the best practices in form of functionality, user experience, design, cross-channeling, meeting brand customer experience expectations
- Analytics : define and follow dashboards
- Merchandising: define and buy the online assortment
- Product information management: product description, photos, cross & up selling, videos, product reviews…
- Daily site management : online marketing & commercial calendar
Digital Marketing: collaborating with Marketing & design, you will develop and manage online marketing strategy
- Define and implement performance marketing strategies to drive qualified traffic and sales: SEM, SEO, affiliation, retargeting etc…
- Develop CRM and cross channeling strategies oAnalytics to measure the success of the campaigns
- Define & implement Mobile & social Strategies oContent strategy: Including video, community management etc..
- Define & build the best organization to support ebusiness growth
- Negotiate and manage the relationships of all 3rd party vendors and service providers such as Technology Platform, call Center and fulfillment center partners.
- Build and improve professional KPI based 3rd party controlling
- Define targeted and prioritized IT & supply chain projects
International & business development:
- Define and implement an international strategy, working with regional teams and respecting local specificities.
- Evaluate continuously market opportunities for ebusiness & maintain market knowledge of the latest ebusiness solutions & techniques
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree / MBA
- 7 to 15 years of web, digital marketing and eCommerce (the entire process from merchandising to CRM) experience required
- Proven track record of growing revenue and oversight of P/L
- Experience in building, managing teams & leadership roles
- Experience and proven success in managing partners/ 3rd party vendors.
- High-level understanding of technology, supply chain logistics and customer-service activities
Experience in retail:
- Understanding of Merchandising operations, or related merchandising planning and buying a plus
- International experience a plus
Skills and Competencies required:
- A strong strategic and business planning aptitude
- Interpersonal skills including collaboration, communication, and customer focus
- Strong work style skills such as accountability, adaptability, initiative, and planning and organization skills
- Proven business skills including analytical thinking, business and financial acumen, influencing and negotiation, problem solving/decision making, and creativity/innovation
- Strong leadership skills to build and develop talent
- Strategic thinking skills to drive change and innovation
- A leader and team player – Ability to work cross-functionally to achieve goals (a collaborative personality able to influence all areas of the company)
- Results oriented
Volcom is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry Joiner for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)