MEDFORD, OR – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to the “Ecommerce Job of the Day,” click here. To connect with Harry Joiner on Linkedin, visit LinktoHarry.com and use Harry.Joiner [at] EcommerceRecruiter.com.
We are working with Harry & David in its search for a Sr. Creative Director based in Medford, OR. Harry & David is one of America’s premier direct marketing and ecommerce companies, marketing gourmet fruit and food gifts known for their remarkably high quality. The firm maintains operations in Medford, OR and Hebron, OH, as well as 70 Harry & David stores throughout the country. Harry & David employs more than 2,600 people in Southern Oregon, with a seasonal workforce of more than 11,000.
About the role:
The Sr. Creative Director is responsible for brand development, graphic design, art direction and project management of marketing communications materials for multiple applications. This position is responsible for developing brand concepts, standards and seasonal style guides for the look, feel and tone through collaboration with Marketing and Merchandising.
In this role, you will need prior experience in building printed and digital design strategies including the appropriate mix of content and transactional drivers. The Sr. Creative Director has responsibility for directing the creative work to deliver the message consistently across all channels. Channels include Harry and David Direct (Web and Catalog), Retail, B2B, Wholesale, Public Relations, and Corporate Communications.
- Partnership with cross-functional teams to develop marketing/brand strategy and execute creative for marketing collateral and digital assets that results in achieving sales and profit.
- Responsible for development of creative brand positioning including logo treatment, visual aesthetics, copy tone.
- Ideation, presentation and execution of branding and marketing communications campaigns that support the Brand’s strategic business goals and the brand’s overall image.
- Develop and coordinate graphic formats, images, typographic style, and design imagery across all channels to insure consistency.
- Collaborate with internal marketing, merchandising and production point people to develop solutions that are cost efficient to produce, while accurately conveying the brand image and attributes of the product.
- Develop the digital creative strategy and deliver for the website, social, email, display and banner advertising, mobile, tablet, etc.
- Provide creative ideation and direction for all photo shoots, campaigns and creative executions.
- Ensure that the work produced by internal and external creative partners is consistent with the brand standards and seasonal style guides within budget.
- Manage agency relationships to deliver against marketing strategy and creative briefs.
- Develop and direct professional design team, including staffing, training, and motivation.
- Multi-Channel marketing experience is required.
- Ensure effective workflow processes that maximize productivity and adhere to stringent deadlines.
- 10+ years previous experience in graphic design and art direction for a nationally recognized brand.
- A strong working knowledge of interaction design, user-centered experience design, brand development, digital marketing and the creative process.
- 5+ years of staff management experience is desired.
- In-depth knowledge of Mac OS and design software, primarily Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to manage time effectively and adhere to all deadlines.
- Ability to maintain open communication with co-workers and staff. Ability to work quickly and accurately. Strong organizational skills.
Education – A bachelor’s degree in graphic design, graphic arts, or fine arts is required.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry Joiner for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)