MORRISVILLE, NC – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, follow EcommerceJobs on Twitter. To add your resume to our confidential database, click here. To like us on FB, please click here.
We are working with Lenovo in their search for an Ecommerce Merchandising Manager based in Morrisville, NC. This position is a management position on the North American ecommerce team. This manager will oversee daily operations of the Lenovo.com merchandising team which includes merchandisers, content editors/writers, project managers, merchandising analytics and ecommerce interns.
- Minimum 6-8 years working in an ecommerce organization with demonstrated experience in managing the online experience for maximizing site conversion.
- Experience leading or managing teams with diverse responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field. Master’s degree a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and familiar with Adobe SiteCatalyst.
- Strong project management and organizational skills to manage and prioritize projects and team members with different deadlines.
- Strong self-initiative with the ability to identify areas of improvement with little direction.
- Excellent communication skills are crucial since this position will work with multiple cross-functional and external teams.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff in a fast paced, results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Possess a positive attitude and able to work in a collaborative and energetic team environment.
- Knowledge of web marketing best practices.
- Fine attention to detail with the ability to produce accurate end-results.
- Ability to analyze metrics and make decisions based on results.
- Understanding of effective web design in order to implement impactful programs.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and innovative thinking are also required to maximize results and productivity.
Primary key performance indicators
- Deliver solid financial performance for revenue, units and profit.
- Drive website improvements and help drive onsite customer satisfaction for lenovo.com
- Improve conversion rate for merchandising programs and landing pages.
- Aggressively drive customer acquisition through email based tactics.
- Build a world class Global eCommerce organization.
- Day-to-Day Team Management – Lead the web merchandising team on a daily basis to help achieve the sales objectives of the North American eCommerce organization.
- Provide day-to-day guidance and assist in the prioritization of all web merchandising related tasks.
- Interlock with other teams to determine focal points for resource allocation and assistance in planning future projects.
- Lead a regular merchandising brainstorming sharing session to discuss ideas and issues.
- Work with merchandising team members to understand any roadblocks on projects; break down roadblocks or when necessary escalate issues to senior management team.
- Facilitate strategic projects Manage specific strategic projects for these key areas of the site: Product Configurator, homepage (Lenovo.com), internal search, PC Finder Tool, product videos, integration with telesales team and running usability testing.
- Manage ecommerce mobile experience with in-house mobile project management team.
- Determine strategic site improvements through interaction with merchandising team members and manage site redesign efforts with design & user experience team.
- Review competitive websites to evaluate site merchandising, promotional tactics, customer experience, and product presentation and translate findings into executable online programs.
- Write business cases for improvements to get funding for new functionality.
- Work with external vendors for new functionality to assist in achieving business results.
- Lead new functionality life cycle process from requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and through to launch.
- Cross-functional sharing of merchandising best practices
- Share key successes of the merchandising team in quarterly review with the Vice President of Global eCommerce and the Executive Director of North American eCommerce.
- Participate in a monthly global interlock with geo counterparts to share learning from current promotions/merchandising best practices.
- Directly manage nine direct reports and five ecommerce interns.
- Develop team key performance indicators (KPIs) and measure performance of team members during the twice annual performance review periods.
- Coordinate monthly one-on-one meetings to discuss merchandising ideas and employee growth / development opportunities with merchandising team members.
- Coach and develop Merchandisers to ensure growth and readiness for next level position.
- Develop career path and ladder for key merchandising positions in the web organization.
- Drive morale improvements with team members.
- Recognize team members for exceptional performance within the programs developed to support the ecommerce team.
- Coordinate merchandising team outings. Share industry best practices and recommend webinars to the merchandising team.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan Seibert for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)