(SAN DIEGO, CA) – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, follow EcommerceJobs on Twitter. To add your resume to our confidential database, click here. To like us on FB, please click here.
We are working with SkinIt.com in their search for an Email/Database Marketing Manager based in San Diego, CA. Skinit is the industry leader in consumer personalization for electronic devices. Their online ordering and customization tools allows customers to personalize thousands of devices.
Skinit has thousands of designs including top brands in sports, entertainment, and art, as well as the Customizer™ tool that lets customers design their own skins using photos, images, text, symbols and many other designs to create entirely personalized skins.
The Email/Database Marketing Manager creates and directs email marketing strategy, identifies prospect and customer segments, develops and implements all promotional, transactional, and automated email campaigns for Skinit.com and partner sites. This position works closely with other members of the marketing team, creative, sales, content licensing, and IT/Web development to achieve email objectives. This position is responsible for driving >50% sales growth from the Skinit email channel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Increase ecommerce retail sales on www.skinit.com and partner sites, i.e. www.sprint.skinit.com from email by >50% in 2011
- Develop and implement effective e-mail marketing strategies including contact strategy, segmentation/targeting, ongoing testing and content & creative optimization.
- Create and implement all email programs including scheduled promotions, partner marketing, transactional email, and automated/triggered campaigns.
- Develop creative briefs with campaign objectives, copy and design recommendations, and relevant background information.
- Ensure the process (scheduling, development, set-up, review, QA, deployment, and reporting) is managed effectively and executed in a timely, repeatable fashion.
- Align email marketing strategies and initiatives with the master marketing calendar
- Perform detailed analysis and report results across programs, campaigns and segments and make actionable recommendations for improvement.
- Manage continual communication and optimization with external e-mail partner (ExactTarget).
- Provide and implement recommendations on deliverability, creative, data hygiene, privacy and segmentation.
- Develop and implement direct marketing campaigns as required (infrequently)
- Provide email marketing support for the BtoB group within Skinit as required.
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with colleagues in branding, creative, copywriting, web design, and analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field.
- 5+ years of online consumer retail marketing experience with at least 3 years of growing sales from a large-scale and multi-dimensional email program.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, while at the same time developing practical and specific tactics that produces results.
- Exceptional planning and project management skills.
- Current knowledge of email marketing best practices and industry best practices.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- “Power User” familiarity with email service providers. Experience with ExactTarget desired.
- Database marketing and experience with dynamic 1:1 marketing solutions and campaigns.
- Able to effectively interact with cross functional teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office applications, ecommerce solutions and analytics tools. Specific experience with MS Excel, MS Access, ExactTarget, and Omniture is desired. Basic HTML skills a plus.
- Experience integrating email with social media, search, and other channels a plus
UPDATE: This search is CLOSED. To see our other searches, please click here.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)