LOS ANGELES, CA – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, follow EcommerceJobs on Twitter. To add your resume to our confidential database, click here. To like us on FB, please click here.
My First Brands has just finished the template and theme of its ecommerce site and is now looking for an Ecommerce Marketing Manager. The job description appears below.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: This is a straightforward search with an exciting new site, KidsExclusive.com, formed as a joint venture between BabyFirstTV, the nation’s only TV network made just for babies and parents, and Apparel Web, a leading network of women’s fashion sites. It’s a ground-floor opportunity for a strong, resourceful candidate to enjoy a future-oriented mix of TV, fashion, and ecommerce.
KidsExclusive.com will offer the fashion minded consumer exclusive deals for high-end children’s fashion. Essentially, these are boutique designs that one might find in a high-end department store such as Nordstrom or Neiman Marcus. The price range is $80-$160, often discounted 50 to 90%. The target market is mothers who care about fashion, and naturally, the site’s customers tend to be more sophisticated and comfortable buying fashion online (particularly for girls).
The site will be heavily promoted on BabyFirstTV and enjoy the network’s robust distribution in the US as well as Apparel Web’s strengths in logistics, purchasing, and inventory management.
The Ecommerce Marketing Manager will be critical to the success of this new venture, given that the company will be investing heavily (albeit judiciously) in online marketing and also plans to roll out a sizable affiliate marketing program. The new hire must have a strong grasp of analytics to assess the ROI of these initiatives. A collaborative nature will make it easier for the new hire to work with the marketing team of the BabyFirstTV network. By the way, if you haven’t seen BabyFirstTV, take a look ...
KidsExclusive’s management has shared with me some of their growth projections, and it is essential that the new hire understand very quickly which marketing media will offer the company the most potential, and organize their resources accordingly.
The client has selected Magento as its ecommerce platform and it would be an advantage for the candidate to be familiar and capable with this platform. This role will initially lead a team of 5 (expected to grow), including a writer, a designer, and an affiliate marketing manager. Being able to set priorities and operate in a lien, startup environment is a must.
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included $100 Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, and Keurig coffee machines …
- Lead the development and implementation of an online marketing strategy that speeds viral growth and engagement.
- Build strong relationships with relevant bloggers and community
- Lead the development and implementation of the site’s affiliate program
- Initiate plans to utilize target opportunities and key market insights
- Leverage data to build analytical dashboards to understand and shape the site’s products and marketing efforts.
- Manage PR efforts
- Locate and establish relationships with potential marketing partners
- Strong understanding of social media platforms and usage
- 4-5 years of ecommerce product management or product marketing experience
- Demonstrated ability to contribute at both a strategic and an operational level
- Excellent organization and people skills
- Proven ability to set priorities, solve complex problems, multi-task and perform well in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Structured and strategic thinker
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self motivated
- Familiarity with Magento software
- Expericne with “deal sites” is preferred
UPDATE: This search is CLOSED. To see our other searches, please click here.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)