SUWANEE, GA – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, follow EcommerceJobs on Twitter. To add your resume to our confidential database, click here. To like us on FB, please click here.
We are working with Simple Floors in their search for a Director of Ecommerce, in Suwanee, GA.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: This search will allow a world-class search marketer to get fantastic experience as an ecommerce marketing general manager. Three years from now, you’ll have hands on experience in off-line retail marketing, usability, analytics, online merchandising, logistics, purchasing, conversion rate optimization, leadership, and organizational development. For search marketing specialists, GM opportunities like this one can be scarce as hen’s teeth.
The client’s online retail business is very well-established.
The company has been in existence for 7 years, and management has a great understanding of sourcing, production, logistics, inventory management, and financing. It operates 15 stores around the US, and recently launched a franchising program.
Annually, SimpleFloors.com gets 1.2 million unique visitors, 90% of which come from search engines. Their average order value is $2500 on a site-wide conversion rate of 11%. The firm is a well established seller in marketplaces like eBay, Amazon, MSN, Yahoo, Shopzilla, Square Trade and Overstock.com. These folks know what they’re doing, so it’s not like you’ll need to beg for resources to grow the business.
But there is a lot of work to do …
The client has sincere interest in broadening their email and affiliate marketing programs, plus management is would like to dramatically improve the firm’s ROAS in Adwords. Both SEO and analytics improvements are key initiatives, as well. In fact, the company’s franchising success is critically linked to SimpleFloors’ ability to drive high quality traffic to its web properties through paid search, social media, SEO, and comparison shopping engines. The buck will stop with you on these initiatives.
There’s a ton of potential in SimpleFloors’ markets, both online and off.
SimpleFloors is classified as a building material dealer. The building material dealers industry in the US includes about 45,000 companies with combined annual sales of about $230 billion. Major companies include Home Depot and Lowe’s. The industry is concentrated: the top 50 companies account for more than 50 percent of industry revenue.
The company’s customer base includes interior designers, builders, contractors, and homeowners. Demand for wood flooring is closely tied to residential real estate construction, both new and remodeling. Competition comes from other manufacturers and competing flooring products like carpeting, linoleum, tiles, etc.
The US interior design industry includes about 10,000 companies with combined annual revenue of about $8 billion. The industry is highly fragmented: the 50 largest firms account for about 10 percent of revenue. Huge opportunity!
SimpleFloors’ ability to contract its manufacturing process and distribute direct to its clients allows the company to bring the latest designs to market with incredible speed: For instance, a new style introduction can go from the design room drawing board to the factory and onto installation in just under two months (versus the industry stand two years). This speed makes SimpleFloors very popular with interior designers, who seek the latest flooring trends for their clients.
As usual, I’m loaded with proprietary research and information on this search. If you’d like to apply for the role — please see the link that the bottom of this posting.
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included $100 Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, and Keurig coffee machines …
- Own the overall acquisition strategy for SimpleFloors
- Grow / optimize our keyword portfolio through testing with ad copy, landing pages, bidding strategies, negative keywording, etc.
- Tracking, reporting, and analyzing our PPC initiatives and campaigns, including understanding attribution analysis and impact of lifetime value.
- Create business requirements for engineering as well as develop your own solutions to improve our search engine marketing process.
- Stay current with new advances in search engine marketing and the competitive landscape.
- PPC & online marketing are part of your DNA
- Grow and manage our presence on non-affiliate comparison shopping engines such as Pricegrabber and Google Product Search.
- Build brand awareness by overseeing content strategy, contact strategy, and promotional calendar.
- Drive improvements in our natural search channel by developing content strategies and facilitating technical solutions that allow for greater visibility in search engines
- Provide weekly reporting and analysis to the management team and board of acquisition marketing channels and additional initiatives.
- Contribute and form overarching strategy for social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Blog) and provide basic customer service when necessary
- Research and implement new acquisition marketing tactics and vendor partnerships
- Effectively manage strategic vendors and partners related to the acquisition of new customers
- Work with the Marketing and Creative group to improve site performance visibility.
- Manage and report on multi-variate (MVT) and A/B testing program for the web site.
- Assume full P/L responsibility and an ability to plan revenue, marketing and sales promotion consistent with the global strategies.
- Manage the development of the Web organization to meet revenue objectives and recruitment of the team
- Improvements to our internet retail site, including feature-functionality, user interface, SEO, landing page optimization, effective online merchandising of products and promotions, and overall user experience.
- Manage email marketing (list development and management, campaign development and implementation, etc.)
- Conduct extensive A/B testing of email strategy, including delivery timing, creative layout, tailored offers, and subject line testing to develop best practices for ongoing email campaigns
- Drive overall promotional messaging and creative onsite and through email.
- Self-learner and a passion for search engine marketing.
- Experience managing PPC campaigns across Google, Yahoo, and MSN.
- Expert knowledge of performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition strategies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- You should love spreadsheets and lots of data.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, work within a marketing team, and work with other departments in a matrix environment.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to re-prioritize projects as needed.
- Knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO)
- Expert with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Coremetrics, etc.
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)