EVERETT, WA – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, follow EcommerceJobs on Twitter. To add your resume to our confidential database, click here. To like us on FB, please click here.
We’re working with Zumiez in their search for an experienced, capable Director of E-Commerce/Internet Marketing based in Everett, WA. Zumiez is a leading specialty retailer of action sports related apparel, footwear, equipment and accessories.
Zumiez stores cater to young men and women between ages 12-24, focusing on skateboarding, surfing, snowboarding, motocross and BMX. As of November 27, 2010, Zumiez operated 400 stores, which are primarily located in shopping malls, and a web site: Zumiez.com.
Check out this video of Zumiez customers doing what the do best. Do these look like your kind of people?? Would you feel uncomfortable around them? Or buy them a Red Bull? Can you anticipate how they’d like to relate to the brand online?? You’ll be asked these things in a Zumiez interview …
Zumiez has an exciting growth plan and a long list of engaging projects set for 2011 and beyond. They also have mountains of actionable customer and product data to organize, review, and interpret. They are looking for a seasoned Director of E-Commerce/Internet Marketing who knows the e-Commerce space; has hands on experience developing online marketing programs, teams and budgets; and doesn’t mind rolling up his/her sleeves to get the job done.
As part of a small, dynamic team, the new Director of E-Commerce/Internet Marketing will be expected to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. He/she must be self-motivated, flexible, and capable of handling both tactical and strategic assignments. He/she must be very organized; detail-oriented; tenacious yet tactful; a strong problem solver; and able to work well under pressure. Most of all, he/she must be passionate about growth, marketing, trend spotting and customer satisfaction.
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included several (very large) Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, Keurig coffee machines, and MORE …
The Director E-Commerce/Internet Marketing is responsible for leading overall strategy and execution of Zumiez Direct to Consumer acquisition and retention efforts to achieve business objectives. This includes directing all Search, Email, Display, CSE, Affiliate and related online marketing activities. This position will be responsible for enhancing and optimizing the consumer experience to generate higher engagement and conversion rates.
It is expected that the Director of E-Commerce/Internet Marketing will assume responsibility for day to day activities while overseeing the priorities and performance of the online marketing. Individual and team success is measured by monthly/quarterly/annual traffic, sales, conversion, gross margin performance, audience mix (paid vs. non-paid; new vs. repeat), and expense control.
- Develop and oversee the execution of all online marketing programs and initiatives to drive sales and profits including: Paid search, SEO, email marketing, text marketing, affiliate marketing, A/B testing, remarketing and online analytics.
- Develop monthly, quarterly and annual marketing budgets and forecasts for revenue, margin and expenses
- Develop and oversee the customers experience on Zumiez.com to increase engagement and conversion rates; Drive revenue and profitability.
- Develop and oversee customer acquisition strategy and programs to achieve revenue and profit growth targets.
- Develop and oversee measurement strategy to track the performance of all online marketing programs; design test strategies and refine creative assets to optimize results.
- Partner with Brand Marketing teams to define and lead the execution of targeted online and offline loyalty marketing campaigns to existing customers in order to improve retention and LTV.
- Develop and oversee customer retention strategy and programs to achieve revenue and profit growth targets.
- Direct and oversee customer communication to achieve customer satisfaction and brand loyalty objectives.
- Direct and oversee monthly competitive reviews; present findings and recommendations to the executive team.
- Direct and oversee segmentation and targeting strategy to drive sales and profit growth.
- Perform segmentation studies to determine key consumer targets, insights, needs, wants and behaviors.
- Conduct customer satisfaction surveys, benchmark results and develop recommendations based on findings. Utilize insights to optimize marketing programs.
- Prepare and present a quarterly online marketing results presentation to senior management that outlines all marketing activities and the results of each (clicks, sales, conversion, retention, LTV, CPC, CPC).
- Evangelize the power of the web analytics data internally to increase adoption and utilization.
- 7-10 years relevant online/direct to consumer marketing experience. Experience in teen retailing a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to hire and develop marketing teams
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute online marketing programs to drive sales and profit growth (SEO, SEM, affiliate, text & email marketing campaigns)
- Demonstrated ability to acquire new customers.
- Demonstrated ability to retain existing customers.
- Demonstrated passion for multi-channel retail, technology, e-Commerce, the internet, and marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage web analytics platforms/tools (Google Analytics, Web Trends, Core Metrics, etc.) to drive results.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated initiative, creative problem-solving skills, organized.
- Proven leadership skills, including the ability to influence peers and external partners.
- Ability to learn on the fly, react quickly, and prioritize efficiently in response to changing needs and situations.
- Consistent positive attitude.
- Ability to recognize and anticipate business trends and opportunities and respond quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure in order to meet project deadlines.
- BA or BS required
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan Seibert for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)